or Connect

Posts by La Sombra

AMANDA KAUFMAN!!!! She is amazing, completely and utterly supportive of non-vaxing and is thoughtful, kind, informative and generous with her time. Couldn't be happier with her.
I love coconut oil! We use it in cooking, smoothies sometimes and I also put some on dd's bottom where she has eczema and it works quite well to clear that up. After reading this thread I'm interested in using it in more ways!
I'm so glad you said this! My dd, 3.5, has also showed a lot of, let's say, interest in her brother's penis since he was born. At first it was shock--she knew she was getting a baby brother, but she hadn't really seen a penis before and so the first time she saw his, she was very, very curious. In the bath, she always wants to help me wash it. She tries to kiss it in the bath sometimes, too. I have absolutely no reason to think she's been sexually abused and I also see...
It requires some weird justifications. My ex is not a deadbeat in the way you might think of a deadbeat. He has an advanced degree, he is from a highly-educated family, he holds down a steady job and he loves our dd.   But in his mind, because the divorce was *my* decision (he can't see that he at all INFLUENCED that decision!), it is an abomination that he should have to pay a thing for dd, that is, that him having to write a check to ME every month (never mind that...
I agree with Hey Mama!  If she is a responsible girl, it seems absolutely reasonable to me that you be able to go away for a weekend and leave her alone.  Go, and enjoy yourself!
I'm right there with you!  Sometimes, when my son is waking up for like the third time in a row at night the night before I have a big test or presentation (and when I say waking up, I don't mean just normal waking up to eat and going back to sleep...I mean he wakes up to nurse and then cries and refuses to go back to sleep for sometimes several hours), I also want to cry!  I don't really have advice.  I have a three and a half year old dd so I have lived through this...
I'm sorry, I'm another one who is having a hard time following your posts.  But if, as others have surmised, you are paying a woman to clean your house and this woman not only doesn't do the job that you paid her to do but also insults, criticizes and threatens you...um YES I would be upset!  But let's not focus on if you should be upset or not.  This isn't a question of being upset.  This is a question of having a backbone and, quickly and in no uncertain terms, firing...
I'm sorry I have no advice, just commiseration.  My dd (now 3.5) had these night-waking episodes all the time when she was a baby, for maybe the first year of her life.  My ds started off sleeping beautifully and I felt so relieved and lucky.  But now he is doing the same thing.  He, too, starts out the night in his crib and then once we go to bed and he wakes up he goes into our bed.  But lately he wakes up in the middle of the night every night sometimes for HOURS and...
I have had really bad credit and brought it up to a figure in the high-700s so it is possible. (I have since wrecked it again, but that's another story!) I would suggest three things: 1. Figure out what you want to do, education-wise. I think deciding that first will help you have a timeline for when you might want to start working on the debt, how much more debt you have to incur, and how much you'll be making once you finish your schooling. Start there. Look...
I think that the situation you describe is the reason that a lot of parents abandon, to some extent, the goal of getting their children to speak their language. It feels like so much effort, and you don't want it to feel like a chore or punishment or something to them, right? I think you are right not to want to make speaking Greek with her something that has to be forced. I think that if you take too stern an approach that it will in fact backfire. However, I think...