or Connect

Posts by La Sombra

I read a book last year that was incredible in terms of helping me understand and interpret dreams--especially recurring ones that I had. It was Clarisa Pinkola-Estes "Women Who Run with the Wolves." She has a background in Jungian theory/analysis but is also a healer/shaman/keeper of traditions... One thing that stands out to me about your dreams is what she says about Dark Man dreams, which she says all women have--and which can be interpreted in a variety of ways. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by seventy my favorite classic - Three Little Birds by Bob Marley (also as performed by Elizabeth Mitchell) THIS! We sing this to our babies when they are upset and it seems always to make *everyone* feel better. I'd amend this to add that Bob Marley--and reggae in general!--always make me really happy. Also, off the top of my head: Stereolab: Ping Pong and Jenny Ondioline (and lots of other songs of theirs,...
I'm a double-major in Chinese and Spanish and I'm taking: *Evolution of Communism in China *4th-year Chinese (language) *an academic writing class in Spanish *testimonial narratives of Guatemala and Mexico (Spanish) *Guerrilla warfare in Latin America (Spanish) Really excited about these classes! But also really nervous about leaving kids, especially my little newborn. But I HAVE to graduate this year, so I have no choice!
Hi there mamas. I'm writing to for advice on a few things. My little babe will be five weeks old when I have to go back (full time) to school this fall. He's going to be in childcare of some form (two days at a daycare, one day with daddy, one day with grandma) four days a week--three of those I will need to pump about seven hours-worth of milk. I had to pump for dd, too, but she was older and I was only in school part-time so it was fine and I wasn't so worried. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by neonalee I'm sorry I have no advice or insight for you, who has always had good advice and support for all here. Just s Me, too! This isn't advice but I did want to tell you that one day, before my son was born, I noticed your line, "the only way out is THROUGH," and it reminded me of one of my dd's favorite stories, "We're Going on a Bear Hunt," wherein the characters "can't go over it, can't go under it...they've...
My beautiful little son was born 6 days ago; we were discharged from the hospital four days ago and today is his first well-child visit. I'm just wondering how necessary it really is to go. He was born perfectly healthy and had all of his screening and everything done in the hospital. He was visited also by pediatricians there who did vision tests, hearing tests and tested all of his reflexes and joints and all that stuff. He is nursing beautifully and his weight is...
Congratulations! I hope you feel proud of the work you did and the wisdom and patience you showed throughout your pregnancy...now enjoy that beautiful baby of yours!
A little background: had my first NST and AFI 5 days pd. AFI came back low, but not (in my opinion) super-alarmingly so. Nevertheless, the midwife on call suggested an induction that night. Went home, collected thoughts, made a list of questions and met later with a *different* midwife, who leaned more toward my thinking that it would be perfectly reasonable to wait a bit before rushing to an induction. Three perfect NSTs and AFIs later, we were allowed to...
Congratulations, mama!!!!!! I hope you are very proud of yourself, you should be. You have every right to be disappointed that things didn't go as you dreamed they would but you also have every right to be so proud of yourself for working as hard as you did to have a natural birth AND for doing what you felt in your heart was best for you and your babe. And now she's here! Finally! Isn't that moment of birth absolutely indescribable?!
Quote: Originally Posted by mosesface baby's just not ready. she moves a LOT though, which is both encouraging and worrisome to me. I hear ya on that! After my NSTs and AFIs they tell me that the baby is doing really well and quite happy in there. At first I think, "Oh, thank goodness!" and then I think "But not TOO happy, right?!"