or Connect

Posts by La Sombra

s, mama. I'm looking at a similar situation to you: I've got an appointment for an induction on Sunday if I don't go into labor before then because I will be at 42 weeks exactly. My dd was also born 15 days late (I went into labor 3 days prior to her due date, however). So I know *exactly* how you feel in terms of feeling defeated or defective. BUT YOU AREN'T! The truth is that labor is SUCH a mystery. No one can say exactly why babies come when they come and why...
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieCatheryn Here's one of the good parts out of that book, things a child should know when they'll be away from you. Besides that they ought to know their body is their personal property, what areas are not for others to touch except for with his or her as well as mom or dad's permission (as for washing or treating an injury). Also that no one else should have *her* touch *them* in private areas either. And what the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mataji4 Oh man, there's only a few of us left now...maybe I should join the August ddc instead!! I'm still here! Probably not for long though--but then again, NONE of us are going to be here for long! Just a quick update: came home after the NST in which the midwife recommended instant induction, thought about things, researched a bit and made a list of questions to ask. Went back to the hospital (waited there...
Quote: Originally Posted by mataji4 Drink more water LaSombra!! Amniotic fluid is replaced every few hours. I just made more of those spicy labor cookies. And chocolate chocolate chip ones too! Thank you mamas for your support! Oh, mataji4--I drank SOOOO much water this am in preparation for the test, hours before and up the moment of the test. It was still a 4.3 or something. We have a long list of questions to ask the midwife now...
I said I don't really have time to decide but the truth is I do, actually--I can refuse anything I want. It just goes back to if I think the baby is at a real risk if we wait any longer. I'm just tired and want to be done being pregnant and not to have to worry like this.
Went in for my first NST today and everything was fantastic, they went on about how great his little heartbeat was. Then the measured the amniotic fluid and said that I'm at like 4 cm and in such cases they automatically recommend instant induction. I was so stunned that I didn't even really have time to gather my thoughts and ask more questions. I'm trying now to do mad internet searches about this. We are going into the hospital and I want to talk to them about...
May I butt in and ask a question? Why is the doctor looking at a 9-month old boy's penis anyway? I ask because I'm about to give birth to a baby boy and I am wondering when and how to be prepared for the doctor to try a forcible retraction. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember the doctor examining my daughter's vagina when she was nine months old.
Dd, 3, has never been away from me for more than two nights. Her daddy has her from Sunday evening to Tuesday morning so I really only miss her for one full day. But this summer--on Monday--he is taking her to Europe to visit his family for 12 days. I'm also due to have a baby any day now so I'm feeling super pensive and emotional. Dd is is the light of my life and I am sick at the thought of not seeing her for all that time. I have no choice, legally, nor do I...
Quote: Originally Posted by PoppyMama It's easy to judge when you're not in the situation. Given the OP's choice of staying in a state where stbx had all the support and going back to where my kids had grown up and we all had ties I might have done the same thing she did. Her x tried to make it so she would be stuck there to keep custody and she was sneaky and got out. They both played dirty and sometimes that's the way it goes. If she hadn't gotten...
Congrats, mama! Thank you for sharing your story!