or Connect

Posts by La Sombra

I agree with H & J's Mama, above, that baby's temperament plays a big part. Which is kinda good news AND bad news, if ya think about it. It's a relief, I think, to realize that your baby sleeping badly isn't because of any failing on your part. Yet it's also tough, because there's not necessarily one magic thing you can do to change your baby's sleeping habits. Yet I think it can be done. I am a student mamma, too, and my HEART GOES OUT TO YOU. I know it's not the...
Great suggestions here for natural ways to induce labor. As my due date came and went, I tried many of them myself. DD was born at 42 weeks and two days and, like the writer above, was not "overdone" in the least. As important as trying all these different ways to get things going, I think, though, is remembering that your baby will come when it's ready. Luckily, I had a midwife who was not at all worried about the length of my pregnancy and constantly reassured me...
I just KNEW ours was a little boy. I was absolutely shocked that I was wrong and I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. I'm pregnant again but, after that first experience, I'm feeling that guessing is totally useless! On the other hand, you've got a 50-50 shot at being right!
Thank you all for your thoughts and advice! Diane
Thank you for your advice--lotsa helpful stuff there on Kellymom! Thanks so much!
My daughter is nearly fourteen months and, although she does eat quite a lot of solid foods, she is still nursing pretty regularly, too. In fact, I have planned all along to nurse her for at least two years, and, happily, everything was going according to plan. Until yesterday. I have just learned that I am pregnant again and I think that my milk supply is dwindling away. I don't know for sure, but I notice that my daughter is constantly asking to nurse, all of a...
My daughter is nearly five months old and we co-sleep with her. This has, for the most part, a peaceful and convenient arrangement. However, for the past month now, she has been having inexplicable night-waking sessions where she rouses to nurse as normal, but then fails to fall back asleep and instead lies awake sometimes for a couple of hours before she falls back asleep. I don't think teething is the issue; as I said, this has been going on for a month now and she...