or Connect

Posts by La Sombra

Quote: Originally Posted by Theoretica Team discouraged here too I had several good ctx last night, woke up with more this morning. By 11am still contracting so I got the kids to a friend and DH and I spent the day doing nipple stim, birth ball squats, eating labor cookies (yum but spicy! LOL) and we managed to have a quickie. Everything. Stopped. No ctx, no nothing for HOURS. It's all come to a screeching halt. The kids are on the way home...
, mamas! Today I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I'm 40w 2ds, which I realize is no cause for alarm! And yet I'm starting to feel pressure. I have no more meetings with my midwives; from now on (starting this Friday! I don't think I'm going to go...) it's weekly NSTs until I go to 42 weeks. If I don't give consent to an induction on the DAY of the 42nd week, they are going to have me do daily NSTs. I just know when I start doing the NSTs (starting tomorrow), they are...
Oh, ladies! I'm still here with you all! I kept thinking that, unlike dd who was 15 days PD, that this little guy was going to be early! But yesterday was my official due date and here I am... I *know* intellectually that one day after the "due date" is nothing and means nothing and that I've got absolutely nothing to worry about or doubt for at least two weeks. But it's still hard: my due date is this sort of psychological boundary: when I pass it, I start doubting...
Thank you so much, Tammy! Yes, my dd is also super bright and articulate (don't know if that means anything) and is also very polite in general with strangers and stuff like that. She can also be incredibly charming, offering up spontaneous hugs, telling funny stories, etc. etc. I don't mean to suggest she is some off-the-rails devil-child. We had friends over tonight and she was absolutely delightful with them; they seemed utterly enchanted by her. Thank you for...
Lately, everything with my beloved, beautiful, headstrong 3yo dd is a fight! Things that we do every day: nap time, bath time, brushing teeth, picking up toys, putting on shoes to play outside (where we live I have found nails and burrs in the grass and stuff like that), coming home from her friend's house to eat lunch, etc. etc. etc. I try to be consistent. We do time-outs (that is, I threaten time-outs and very occasionally I have to follow through on them). I give...
Hi, I have lurked here before but never had much to say; we are new to the whole blended-family thing. I would love some advice from both mamas in similar situations as well as step-mamas. Here's my situation (I'll try to be brief): two months ago, dd (3 yo) and I moved in with my dp (with whom I'm expecting a baby any day now!). Our situation is certainly...unique...in that respect. Dp and I have been together for a year but because of the pregnancy, the...
I needed to hear a story like this, too--thank you for sharing. And congratulations!
Yesterday I went CRAZY with the nesting and now my house is spotless. I think we are going to take dd to the movies tonight--both to get out of the house so that we aren't in it making it a mess again, and to get in some last-minute bonding-with-the-big-sis before her baby brother is born. I had a long nap today which felt good but now I want to walk. Yesterday I went for a long walk and I paced up and down the stairs a dozen times and it felt awesome, actually! I...
I'm here! I had a feeling that this one would be earlier unlike dd, who was 15 days PD! But the more days that go by the more I start to doubt that he's going to be early. I'm at 39w 3days so it's not like I'm crazy overdue yet, but the possibility seems more and more distinct to me. I have maintained a much healthier weight throughout this pregnancy, gaining less than 30 pounds until last week: and I seem to have gained more than 3 pounds in a week! So now I'm...
I had laser hair removal so not a whole lot to worry about, but sometimes I like to be more bare than I am (I just had the sides lasered, nothing dramatic)--so I wax myself; always have. But that's been out of the question for some time now! So a couple days ago (at almost 39 weeks) I went in and got a Brazilian at a local salon. I guess I didn't really realize what a full Brazilian entailed--either that or this aesthetician had a particularly radical view of the...