or Connect

Posts by aelial

My first had trouble latching on at first and I was feeding him expressed milk. I used a syringe (my aunt who is an RN brought them). Then the Birth Center nurse came for my day-three-visit, and when she saw what was going on she dipped into her bag and came up with a thin catheter and something to attach it to the syringe I had - voila, a homemade SNS.
You can see statistics on the Department of Health and Human Services web site.  
So ultimately we have 4th amendment rights until we try to use them. That's a lovely catch-22.
Regarding CPS and the fourth amendment:   As I wrote, this is the second time we've had this happen. The last time my older (and then only) child was 1.5 years old. When the CPS caseworker came out, I did exactly what some of you here are suggesting - ask for a warrant, and deny the caseworker access to my home when he failed to produce one. I was polite, and offered to talk to him on the porch. My son was with me, and plainly OK. The next day the cops were at my...
They don't want to run me specifically through the mental health database, they do it to every family they come out to investigate. Which I think is a disgusting breach of privacy, and seems to be a recent innovation since I don't remember anything of the kind the last time they came around (I hadn't done what I was accused of doing the first time CPS came at me either, in case this needs to be stated as well... sheesh).   I'm getting defensive because it never occurred...
This is really blowing my mind. Of course my kids were not unsupervised in the car, or naked outdoors in winter. I wrote about the completely insane thing the neighbors acccused me of doing because it is so blatantly and obviously completely insane that it should be obvious to anyone that it is a lie told to CPS to get them to come out. I'm sorry that you have odd neighbors whose kids find themselves in such a predicament, but do you really think their parents read...
I thought it should have been obvious that my kids have never been unattended and naked in the car, or just unattended in the car, or naked outside in November. Does that really need to be stated specifically?  
We are new (4 years) residents in a gentrifying neighborhood composed of mostly old-timers who've lived here all their lives and non-English speaking immigrants. We must be doing something to piss the neighbors off, because in the last 2.5 years we've had CPS set on us twice. The reports are obviously vindictive, not a concerned neighbor misinterpreting something. The latest incident was last night - a caseworker showed up and said that they got a call saying that our...
And to be absolutely fair, an addendum to my previous post: June, the Birth Center's post partum home visit nurse, was wonderful and a tremendous help with our breastfeeding troubles. She sat with me patiently for several hours while I freaked out about not being able to nurse the baby. She made an SNS-like device for me from simple medical supplies and taught me how to supplement with expressed milk at the breast, supported me while I tried to latch on my sleepy baby,...
I had my son "at" the Birth Center in December 2006, and "dissatisfied with the experience" is a very mild way of putting it. The Birth Center actually has a 50% transfer rate for first-time mothers, although they don't advertise that statistic. They had a very "medwife" approach to prenatal care (which should have warned me, but what did I know?), offering prescription drugs as a remedy for every complaint, including psychiatric drugs as a response to my complaint of...