or Connect

Posts by Frenchie2

I definitely want to exercise with my pregnancy.  I walk all over town and do yoga and pilates in my house.  I was thinking about finding a prenatal yoga class around here and swimming too.  I am a bit concerned about doing too much in the first trimester, so I may just stick to my walks and maybe some light weight lifting.  I don't know - is anyone else concerned with this or am I just crazy.  I have been having cramping too, but I figure it is because it is my third...
Hi everyone! My name is Colleen and I am expecting my third baby. I am only 3 weeks and still in shock that I am pregnant.   Glad to be here:)
Hi all - I would love to join this thread. I desperately need to lose weight and keep it off. I have been working out and watching what I eat for the past couple weeks without much luck. Last week was my birthday week, so I gave myself a little leeway and I didn't even weigh in - why discourage myself? Anyway, I have a 6 yo and 2 yo. I am still nursing my 2 yo - at naps, before bed and during the night sometimes. I am on Sparkpeople and tracking my calories to keep...
I know that this post is pretty much over but I want to encourage you to definitely consider the school district that you move into. My son is 6 and in kindergarten this year. The school he attends is okay but not my ideal. We are moving in June and my husband and I have both agreed that the school is the most important factor when looking for a place. Private schools are SO expensive. I went into this thinking that public school would be great for my son, but I have...
I have a 6 year old who is scared of everything. It all started around Halloween when he stayed with my parents and watched a movie that scared him. Now I have to check the bathroom before he goes in there. He refuses to sleep in his own room by himself. I know he is honest to goodness scared and when we talk about it he says, 'I know ghosts and witches aren't real but I am still scared of them.' I thought if I waited it out it would get better but it has not. Has...
Thank you for that information. I knew that there had to be good schools in the city. Thank you for the leads. It is so hard not knowing anybody and trying to track down information like this. Thank you again, I feel a little closer to my city living dreams
My husband and I currently live in the Suburbs with our two kids - 2 and 6. I am itching to get out of the suburbs and into the city. My husband is a bit nervous about safety and schooling. Our lease is up in July so I have until then to do some research and find the perfect area of the city to live in that is safe and has good schools. People we talk to say that unless we pay for private school there is no point living in the city because the schools are so bad. Is...
Hi all - I have a good friend who is in the process of divorcing her husband. Her Hubby and her have always had very different opinions on parenting. Their son will be 6 in December. He co-sleeps and breastfed until he was 3. The father and his family think that my friend is out of her mind for all of this and they are bringing it up in court to use against her. The court is seeking for my friend to undergo psychological testing and is letting all kinds of strange...
Quote: Originally Posted by THANKFULFORFIVE We had a similiar incident here not long ago with the word "dildo"... DD2 thought it meant something like a "dork" and was using it freely until I explained the actual definition. She was absolutely horrified! Sometimes it is simply something they hear from their friends and pick up without knowing how offensive it can be to others... Of course, she may choose to still use the word with her peers, but I...
My Dh and I went through the same thing. He really wanted to feed our youngest a bottle and put up a huge fuss about it. I stay at home, have no need to pump, am not able to pump a lot of milk and my kids never like my milk in a bottle so I did not do it. It did put a bit of a strain on our marriage and DH held a grudge for awhile about the whole thing. I felt like it would have been more stressful and tiring to attempt the whole thing. It kind of sounds selfish but I...