or Connect

Posts by Frenchie2

Hi all!! My family and I are going to be moving to one of the Southern Suburbs and I was wondering if anyone had any advise or opinions about any of these areas - Tinley Park, Crestwood and Hazelcrest. We were in Arlington Heights last summer but want to be closer to Michigan this summer. At the moment we are in Florida so I cannot drive through the areas to get a feel. It will only be for 3 months. I have a 16 month old and 5 year old, we like to spend a lot of time...
Vaw - Please do not apologize for anything I am really enjoying hearing everyone's different opinions. I agree with a lot of what you have said about the difference between race and ethnicity and I think you did a much better job clarifying yourself than I have been able to lately. I just wanted to update a bit about my son. He must have been on the same wavelength as me because tonight he asked; 'who planted my seed in you?" Which I do not know where he got that...
Thank you all for being so thoughtful and honest in your responses, you have certainly given me some things to think about...and to discuss with my husband. I also hope that I did not come off as suggesting the fact that my son is half black is a bad thing (like a terminal illness). That was not my intention at all. I just assumed that all these questions would come up naturally, but now that he is 6 months from being six, I am a bit more anxious about it.
Hi everyone! This is my first time on this particular board and I am wondering if any of you mamas could help me out with my dilemma. Okay - I have a 5 year old son - I am white and his biological father is black. His bio dad has had nothing to do with him ever. We dated for about 2 1/2 years and when I found out I was pregnant I knew that he would not be involved and the both of us thought it was for the best (he is not one to take responsibility, drinks and bit too...
Hello - I just moved to panama city and will only be here for another 6 weeks, so I did not look into a doctor for me ahead of time but something has come up that I would like to get checked out. My hubby would prefer that I see an OB GYN rather than a midwife. I would like to find a doctor who is a woman that can be recommended. Can anyone help me out? Thank you so much in advance.
Congratulations!!! That is so awesome and so encouraging for the other mamas out here who are struggling with this issue. I needed to read a success story this morning - thank you.
I wish I could say that I made it from scratch but I buy it in a tube from Trader Joes for like $2 or at least I used to when I lived near one. That is one of the reasons it is such a quick meal for us - like 5 minutes prep which as you know is pretty impressive for veg food.
I usually saute up some mushrooms and artichokes (and parmesan cheese, but you could use a vegan version) and then I serve it with Spaghetti and tomato sauce. I put it in the oven so the flavor gets incorporated. This is one of my meat loving husbands favorite meal and it is so easy too.
I have a 4 month old now and it seems like just when you master something - like feeding and getting in the swing of things with that, something else happens and you have to shift gears and I totally know what you mean about worrying about bonding. If you like music, how about dancing and singing to him. It doesnt have to be kids music, my first son loved Ani Difranco and Stevie Wonder. Of course musicals were always a hit with him too. At first if felt weird to talk...
With Eliot (my first) it was love at first sight for him (and me of course), he was a mamas boy from the beginning. Simon is a little more cautious of everyone. He is more calm and lets people besides me hold him, but he 'fish eyes' everyone and looks like he does not trust anybody. It's funny but kind of eerie the looks that he gives sometimes - like he knows way too much for a newborn. Well anyway, it took 4 weeks but he FINALLY fell in love with me. I think he is...