or Connect

Posts by ma2maya

Quote: Originally Posted by BeckC Thanks! I had to look all through his IMDB profile. I was remembering him from an episode of Charmed 10 years ago! HaHa! I remember him from an epi of "Highway to Heaven" back in the 80's!
I, as well, am an atheist. I need concrete evidence of something before I will believe it. Science has shown an overwhelming amount of evidence that there is no God or a need for one in the creation of the universe. However, if it came to light one day that God or a supreme creator does exist, through scientific evidence, I would believe. This has yet to happen.
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride This, exactly. Battlestar Galactica (sorry, people - the first one!) They have the classic BSG on Hulu. Although I have fond memories of watching it with my dad when I was a kid, I went back and watched a few episodes after the new BSG began. I wish I hadn't because I realized it really wasn't that good. Of course, I have been ruined by all the advances in special effects. I suppose in 30 years we will...
Desert Dyeworks has playsilks in a myriad of colors,sizes, and sets. In addition, we specialize in intricately tie dyed and hand dyed mandala play silks. Play silks are fun, whether a single color, big, small, or worn like a fairy skirt! Check out the colors! Combine your Desert Dyeworks purchases and receive 10% of your items total! Get your silk on! *Have a question about what I do or dyeing general?* Keep track of us and ask questions about tie-dyeing on...
Quote: Originally Posted by AmandasMom I wonder what's up with Boston Rob next week? I agree about Candice, Danielle, and Sandra, I remember the names but that's all. I also don't remember some of those who won the million already! I also thought that Richard Hatch was supposed to be on the show. And, did they tape this right after Russells survivor? Do they maybe have no idea who he is or how he plays? I feel like I heard something along...
I thought it was a great first episode. On a few seasons it was hard for me to get into it because the first episodes were uneventful, but not this one. I heart Rupert!
I got a couple of books from the library. I also poked around the interwebs a bit looking for tutorials. Though I have done more things with crocheting than I have with knitting. I am still stuck in the knit a simple scarf stage lol!
Quote: Originally Posted by amandaleigh37 Yeah I was reading about this today.... the only things I use on my wood is watercolors, which are already labeled as AP Nontoxic... so I don't have to worry about that right? Just because it is labeled non-toxic does not mean it is exempt from testing. Most quality water-based screen printing inks are labeled nontoxic. However, they are not exempt from testing. The pigments are probably what would...
Quote: Originally Posted by amandaleigh37 Help?? I got another message today from someone inquiring about wholesale, and I have no idea what this means (I'm brand new to all this remember...) "Do you sell these wholesale or at a discount so I could retail them? Also, do you have the necessary safety statement that is now necessary? I thank you in advance!" What "necessary safety statement"??? I've had items listed for a week. This is a wooden...
As an experienced dyer I am going to have to respectfully poo-poo the RIT suggestions. Partly because it is an all-purposefully crappy dye and partly because there are better and simpler alternatives out there. Your best choice would be a fiber reactive dye. Though fiber reactive dyes are made for natural materials, specifically cotton but I use it for my silks too, if you item has a mixed content i.e. cotton/poly, it will dye it too. Just not as vivid. There is no need...