or Connect

Posts by seawind

How old are they?   I do have 'clean-up time' after play. Nothing much, five minutes, but they do have to help clean up. How about limiting the area where they are allowed to play and run around? I find meeting at the park lets the kids get all their 'running around' energy out. Thereafter, we conclude the playdate at home, moms enjoy a cup of tea and kids get to play with indoor toys and games in designated areas.
You are, right now, in the same position as that mother. feeling misunderstood, alienated and sad about it all. Difference is, you can shut the browser and leave it. She can't leave her, as you put it, "McMansion", that easily, nor hope the new neighbors will be more welcoming and accepting.  
She's your new neighbor, not a stranger you pass by or an anon internet poster.   Quote:   Thought this might happen.
how dare she. i hope your son was not with you during this meeting. it was bad enough that they were expecting your son to behave like a little adult, but to have the nerve to imply that something is wrong with him for being a perfectly normal 3 year old! that after not even a week into a completely new school environment. you are right, judging a little child so harshly speaks volumes about this school and the principal. this particular school is not suitable for...
CM, please do let me know what you found so inflammatory in my post? that observation about etiquette is tongue-in-cheek but with a definite element of truth. in a world where for so many starvation is a painful reality, some of these rules seem absurd and of serving no value other than to place people on a pecking order. i make a definite distinction between manners and etiquette. that distinction is based on the difference they make to the functioning of society as a...
    thank you, for saying that. "child-free environments"? what next.   OP, have you frequently encountered the kind of behavior exhibited by this particular child? i would think it is not the norm, so who knows what the background is. also, am somewhat mystified as to the connection between this incident and general manners and specific etiquette? because it is safe to assume it's not often that children that age behave thus.   manners are important. etiquette is the...

I just started using Unda remedy number 3 for leaky gut indications. However, TMI, poops that were just getting to a baseline firm level before starting the remedy are back to being completely loose and mushy. Does this indicate, that symptoms get worse before they get better? How long is this reaction supposed to last. I would really appreciate a response from experienced members before I give up on this remedy.
i understand what you mean. as a parent i do have some expectations of my child that are independent of the unconditional love and support that i give. in other words, my love and support are not conditional to my child fulfilling certain expectations. there are a set of core values and guidelines i hope to pass on that are meant to stand my child in good stead in the course of life. your attitude toward and choices about some fundamental life issues are very much shaped...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan If a country is such that having a college degree gets you a home with 8 bathrooms, I'd think the lesson to be learned is to be grateful the rest of the populace is poverty stricken enough to be cheap labor and not be out buying their own houses that'll take up the room you're using for your mansion. Vs. a country where everyone has 1-2 bathrooms and no one starves. the irony is that this cheap labor...