or Connect

Posts by seawind

Quote: Originally Posted by wookie i'm surprised how many cultural aspects are coming into play in threads this week. i grew up in india and i don't remember saying any of those words except sorry to my parents until i was a late teen maybe. it never hampered my ability to use my P's and Q's in public. but at home we weren't expected to use them and in fact, like meemee, were almost discouraged to use them because they implied formality. here in north...
Quote: Originally Posted by meemee however if she does say thank you i dont discourage her. i ask her what she meant. and then i tell her which one would she would prefer to use. and she says the non TY one. and then i tell her - see now why i prefer the non TY word. i think she used the word 'forbid'. i didnt. but i do tell her when seh does say TY or i appreciate or... 'you know that you dont have to say those to me if you dont want to.' true true i...
coming back one more time- it IS the age and the stage. there is a reason why there are books on dealing specifically with the ages of a child, the behaviors at that stage and ways to deal to them. but, you now add that he has been evaluated as well. have you ever wondered if his mother might well be stressed about dealing with it all. plus, she has a 12 month old to care for too. meanwhile, you have some good suggestions on helping your daughter in these situations.
fairness, sharing, giving- well intentioned parents are trying to get those concepts across to kids as best they can. having come this far in my parenting journey, i just know that because my kid has never given me cause to expect certain behaviors (nice or otherwise), i don't expect other kids to behave the same as her. it sounds as if this child understands choice but has impulses that override that choice. like i said, if it's not a good fit, move on. i just read...
Quote: Originally Posted by sgmom At 2.5 years old though, he's very capable of understanding that if we can't play nicely, we can't play at all. He's also able to make a decision to do so, or move onto something else. I have no problems with offering him this choice. I would not offer than option (to take the toy away) if the problem had nothing to do with sharing. But when two people play together with one toy, there HAS to be cooperation there. She's...
does the daily intake of nettles/tea exert any significant estrogenic effect on the body?
has anyone tried this? seems to be a combination supplement.
Quote: Originally Posted by Red Pajama While you certainly don't want to put her in that situation on purpose, what a relief to know she is as capable as she is! In you place, I'd be very proud. Be sure to tell her. i agree. i understand all the conflicting emotions you are feeling, but it is also such a reassuring thing to know that your child is so mature and capable! she did great!
it's a social event, small talk with unknown people is a given. it's possible many who said that don't have children, maybe interacting with them does not come naturally, so for them compliments are an easy way to acknowledge a child. were she to be really smart and people complimented her on that, would you dumb her down? i know you were joking, even so, why even think of making her look unattractive for future soirees such as the one you attended? both looks and IQ...
the time to grow up comes soon enough. when you have to grin and bear it, when you have to hold your pee while running around looking for a restroom. let children be children. their innocence is a joy to watch, people who miss to see that in children are sad folks. let them be. it's only a kid's pee. ironically, some of these uptight people who are so grossed out by a child's pee don't think twice about applying cancer causing pesticides and fertilizers on their...