or Connect

Posts by BabyMommee

Thanks, everyone!
Thanks Squimp! I'm assuming those Waldorf and Montessori schools you mentioned are private, right? Or are they the (free) charter schools? Are there any areas/towns sort of just out of Corvallis we should be looking into that you think we might have more luck with cheaper rent and have a little room around us? My husband commutes a half an hour right now so he would be willing to do that, but definitely not more. We can also definitely make it in a 2 bedroom (that's what...
Thank you guys - all this helps so much! I think the program in Fort Collins fits with what my husband wants to research a little more (he's a mechanical engineering major and wants to research clean energy, etc.) Right now we're just trying to narrow down what schools to apply to (since that in itself is expensive and a lot of work!) But once we narrow it down to what programs fit and where we would be willing to live, it will just depend on who gives us the best...
Thank You!
Thanks so much for the reply - that helps. Can you tell me how to go about the religious exemption? I don't actually belong to a religion that doesn't believe in vaccines, it's just a personal belief. How can I make that work?
We live in Northern California but will be moving next year for my husband to start grad school. We are thinking of applying to schools in Corvallis, OR, Pullman, WA, and Moscow, ID. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the questions I have about living in those areas ...   We will have medicaid (or whatever your state's version of that is) for healthcare. Is it possible that any of these states would cover a homebirth?   Are there any good charter schools in...
We live in Northern California but will be moving next year for my husband to start grad school. We are thinking of applying to the schools in Forth Collins and Boulder. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the questions I have about living in those areas ...   We will have medicaid (or whatever Colorado's version of that is) for healthcare. Is it possible that they would cover a homebirth?   Are there any good charter schools in those areas? Maybe Montessori...
Can I just say that I am a walking talking Beco advertisement? :D I tell everyone how awesome these carriers are. #1 must have baby/toddler item. Anyway, my husband has some great ideas for tweeking the design to make it a  little more man-friendly comfort wise. But I think the best way to get more dads baby wearing is just for them to see other dads with their little ones and actually able to do stuff! I think that's a huge selling point for dad's. And seriously, how...
Is this possible? I recently started having problems with my eyes that I am attributing to unsafe ingredients in my eye make up. Grrr. So now I've thrown everything out and want to use safe stuff. I look at the cosmetics safety database and I look at these companies websites, but I'm lost! I need someone to help me pick out colors and show me how to use them. Does Mary Kay carry safe products? Is there anywhere I can go for a makeover???
My friend is a good AP mommy and has had sleep issues with her high-needs little girl from the beginning. She's 15 months old now and I got this email today: alright, now another sleep question. myma has just NEVER been a good sleeper! she takes forever to fall asleep (nursed or rocked to sleep), doesn't nap long enough, wakes up every hour or 2 to nurse at night, and it's just not getting better. I have read EVERY sleep book there is, and even dr. sears says she...