or Connect

Posts by california_mom

I was hoping that germin8   would freeze a loaf and mail it to me  
We order from Azure Standard a few times a year, and our order typically comes in on Sundays. Come to find out that the driver came a day early (because of the Thanksgiving holiday) and our Azure contact didn't have our current phone number to inform us of this change. Our Azure contact person took our stuff home with her last night and left it in the back of her van for about 24-hrs. It got to 80-degrees today. Most of the items were fine, but there are a few items that...
Wow! Such insightful things.   angelandmisha - Many of the things you brought up resonated with me. I talked with dh on Saturday, after class, about the makeup of the class and whether that could play a roll (older kids vs younger, mostly girls vs boys, well-behaved vs loud/rambunctious). In fact, last week, the teacher asked ds to turn off the light and another girl ran up and turned it off. Then the teacher turned to ds and told him that he could turn the light on...
We have Candyland and Chutes & Ladders, and my ds, who will be three in January, is learning how to play by the rules and take turns. It's pretty neat!.  One game I already owned, which isn't really for a toddler/preschooler but ds LOVES it, is Mousetrap. We set it up together and he watches the cause and effect of the turning of the crank, the shoe hitting the basket, the ball rolling, etc. (And I love it too!)
I've been taking DS to Music Together (MT) since he was 8 months old. He'll be three years old on Jan 9th. He's pretty shy, but warms up to certain people (there have been a couple phenomenal MT teachers he loved!) pretty quickly. If asked a direct question by the teacher in class, he'll turn away. (With that said, he loves the teacher right now and talks with her before class.) In class, he won't participate in most exercises, like dancing around the room (he wants to...
Full size. We transitioned DS from co-sleeping to a crib to a twin... and I regret the twin! I end up in his room about half the time and I get no sleep b/c there is no room in the bed! My husband can't sleep in there now that DS is three years old; no room. I wish I had it all to do over again and we'd get a full-sized mattress.
Quote: Originally Posted by polishprinsezz has anyone seen this. it really irks me that they use this method to scare adults into getting vaccinations so they dont get their infants potentially fatally ill. I live in CA and we are having an "epidemic" here. I found out about it because a FB friend posted something on her wall about seeing a commercial and hearing a baby cough that has whooping cough. (I don't watch much TV, so most of my news is...
We alternated between hemp milk and soy milk from the time ds was 16 months old to about 2 years old. From 2 yo to now (he's 2 years 4 months), he drinks about 16 oz of soy milk, 8 oz of diluted juice and the rest of the time water each day on average. He loves avocados, nuts, nut butters and we made smoothies with coconut milk (still do), so fats weren't an issue. Seems to be a-ok according to the pediatrician, whom he rarely sees except for wellbaby visits Good luck!
Huh. Am I grilling veggies wrong? I can't be bothered with putting them in foil I just throw chopped veggies right on the hot grill (after coating them in some olive oil). Potatoes (cook first, cut, and then throw on BBQ just for the crispy factor), eggplant, green onion, white onion, tofu slabs, corn on the cob, whatever I have. We also do Tofurky Italian Sausage on the BBQ, too (we oil them and never leave them too long on the BBQ b/c they dry out). Already had a...
I am counting the minutes now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!