or Connect

Posts by california_mom

What do you do when you go to someone's house for dinner, and they prepare the main course with egg and/or dairy? Many of my friends are vegan-challenged, and really get scared when they want to cook for me. To let them off the hook, I end up telling them that as long as it's vegetarian, I'll eat it. And inevitably, I feel badly after dinner (physically and mentally). To put it more into perspective, I have one friend that's an older lady (70's) and she loves to...
Quote: Originally Posted by eleven Sorry to hear that they weren't so great! The chocolate peanut butter cups will make up for it, I'm hope. They're here but the recipe is supposed to make a dozen of each kind (peanut butter and peppermint). I skipped the peppermint and decreased the amount of chocolate chips but then I ran out of chocolate and used more anyway. Mine came out kind of ugly but delicious! Ooh, those look delicious! I just...
Bless you my child. I will let you know how they turn out. YIPPEE!! : Okay. I made them. Nothing to write home about, but there's hope for these cookies. I changed the recipe a little- instead of whole wheat flour, I used all purpose (cuz that's all I had); instead of banana, I used 5 TBLS oil. I baked them for 9 minutes, and I think they should have gone a little longer, but that might be b/c I didn't flatten the dough out enough before baking. Next time, I will...
Okay Mamas! I need to increase my milk supply, and I want to make oatmeal cookies tonight :. Any great vegan recipes you know of? I'll check back shortly. Hurry. I'm jonesing!!
I've been an EPer for 10 months now (DS is 11 months old), and I've recently had to thaw out some of my freezer stash to keep up with DS. He's not a big solid foods eater, just tastes whatever we're eating for the most part. Needless to say, he's still 95% on breastmilk. I was hoping that by now he'd be a good solid food eater, but of course, things just aren't working out the way I planned! Anyway, I am trying to prepare myself for having to give him formula at some...
Try milkshare. Here's info about it: http://milkshare.birthingforlife.com/ And here's where you can join the Yahoo group and post about your donation: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MilkShare/ I donated, and found a really wonderful woman locally that fostered and adopted three kids, the youngest being the one who needed the milk. He was a meth baby and wasn't gaining weight w/ formula. I still keep in touch with her and we share photos. It really is a...
My ds is busting out the 5th tooth now. And we just got over a cold as well. I didn't realize that colds/mucus/etc and teething sometimes go hand in hand. Anyway, my friend emailed me and let me know about "Herbs for Kids." It helps with excess mucus and is a glycerin-based tincture (a combo of echinacea and eyebright). I haven't tried it yet, as the cold seems to be over. Rest assured, it will be in my cabinet by week's end for the next time! Good luck!
We use soy milk for cereal and as creamer in coffee. We also have almond milk in the house. Everything in moderation (except bloody meat! ).
I bought a Dyson years ago, a DC07, and hated it. Here's my review on epinions. Hopefully the Dysons have had significant improvements since then.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ackray : And PPs have brought up good points. Press charges. He didn't take NO for an answer... and he won't next time either.