or Connect

Posts by aihcalappa

Another vote for the shelter. And just because your partner hasn't touched you in a while, does not mean he is not abusive. Those things he said to you? Abusive. Name calling? Abusive. One of the things I had to learn was to stop minimizing my ex's abuse. I spent a long time while we were together minimizing things in my head, so I would not have to face the pain. The more time and space I have from him, the more it sinks in, and I am sooo glad to be free of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtRoadMama I really wish he'd just make a decision. Either he is going to go to counseling and get this sorted, and get on some meds, and get clean and sober, and ultimately come home... or he isn't. Telling me one thing one day, and then acting hurt about all of it the next, it's getting tiring. And I'm tired of being tired. I can relate to every word of this. I went through this with my ex for years. It...
Organ donor here. Just hope they make sure I am truly dead first. This subject give me the creeps, a little, but I totally support organ donation.
Oooh, this sounds really scary, mama. You changed the locks, and then he finds a way to get in to your house, unannounced, without permission. Is there any way you can get a friend to stay with you for a while? Just so you and your little one are not there alone? This guy sounds a lot like my abusive ex, who I am in the process of divorcing. If I did not have a very protective somebody living with me and my kids right now, I would have probably gone to stay with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Oriole Let's see... * I invite my ex to the wedding, even though it hurts my bride's feelings... * I invite my ex to the baby shower, even though it hurts my wife's feelings... * I KISS another woman, even though it hurts my wife's feelings (and it would 100% be considered cheating in the kind of relationship I am in, and sounds like OP lives by the same standards) * I hide the ID on the phone, so that I keep in contact...
Quote: Originally Posted by TexasG i think you were right in what you did, maybe even too nice in fact! I think the ultimatum was correct as well. I mean, you were only telling him that to have you, he needs to stop doing things that hurt and disrepect you. No problem with that. YOU gave HIM a choice. I do not kiss my friends and do not feel the need to hide them. If it was innocent, he would not have needed to hide the fact that he was still...
I think the OP was in the right, and personally, if it was me, I would have cussed her out all over FB. That being said, I think the real issue is with her husband. He is not, and has not shown the OP the respect she deserves. If it were me, I would probably throw him out. Trust is too important in a marriage, and if I couldn't trust my partner, I wouldn't be able to stick with the relationship. This is my perspective, after having been cheated on by two long-term...
Just dropping in to send some and :

About the FS question, the timelines can vary. Was there a box to check that you wanted to request expedited service? That would make it go faster. I think we got ours pretty quickly, like within a week or so. Good night, ladies. I hope you all have a peaceful night.