or Connect

Posts by cagnew

I don't know about the "one and done" thing since I believe differently than most women with regards to family planning. However, I can address the fear of loving more than one. I can 100% guarantee you that you would love another child every bit as much as the first. I have four and I love each one of them tremendously. I love how different and unique each one is. I love watching them play together. My two oldest are best friends (of course they are only 6 and 4...
According to the kellymom site, what we eat rarely effects our breastmilk. I tend to think this is probably true. Here is a link about that: http://kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/gassybaby/   She does, however, quote an article that suggests dairy *could* cause green poop :http://kellymom.com/health/baby-health/m2m-green-stools/   But I would guess it's most likely a random weird poop, or the foremilk/hindmilk imbalance problem. Here are two more links that...
My mom is big on cereal too. I think it's just something that was pushed when they were having babies and they feel insulted when it seems someone suggests it might have been wrong. Still... it annoys me too!
This is us too. Very tired. Trying to remember it's only temporary but it's so hard!    And we alternate between co-sleeping and the bouncy seat, usually half and half every night.   Oh- we have a goat too  It cracks me up!
With dd1, who was formula fed, I started her on cereal in her bottle at 3 months bc my mom said to, then fed her cereal at 4 months. With ds we started with avocado, but still early-ish, like 4 months. Baby #3 didn't get any solids until around 10 months, and even then it was only a little here and there- and she never had cereal. In fact, she rarely had baby food... we just fed here what we ate.   From what I understand, cereal is a terrible first food to give a...
No tummy time here either. My first three did fine without it so I figure it's one less thing to do/worry about.    Poops- I think one poop a day is healthy. I've even read that one every other day is fine at this age too.    Fathers Day- DH will be out of town that weekend for his grandfathers memorial service so I won't do anything I guess.    Just passing time here. Waiting for the newborn stage to be over. Gemma's smiling more and it's sweet! The last two...
  I agree with 100%. 
I tore with my first baby and have had two more babies vaginally without tearing at all. With my first baby, I had to sit on a donut for a long time and sex hurt A LOT at 6 weeks, even after drinking an adult beverage or two. It was not fun. So don't worry, you will heal down there and it will be normal again eventually.   I said a prayer for you and your family this morning.
Bailey: Penny is beautiful! And you are a very strong mama! I pray things will continue to get better- and quickly!!!!   As for the co-sleeper... Gemma didn't like it. And she didn't like the pretty wooden cradle either. And she won't sleep in the bouncy chair at night. Sooo... she is in bed with us. Neither one of us are "into" cosleeping as a personal choice because we don't sleep as well with a baby in the bed. BUT... we weren't sleeping hardly at all with her in...
Alaskan: I'm sorry :( Does she cry all day, or just part of the day? Gemma cries for in the morning and then in the evening. Some times I can get her to stop, but I have to hold her and jiggle her and all that jazz. She usually resists being worn, so I don't get anything done in the morning. Actually, she seems to be cranky any time she is awake.... She still sleeps a good chuck of late morning and afternoon. I'm thankful for that because that's when I can do stuff......