or Connect

Posts by babymonster

I had a hospital birth first time, planned mw assisted home birth for the 2nd, which ended in transfer to hospital.  The 3rd was UC only because there is no option for home birth where we live now (in France).  I would totally do it again if we have another while we are here, but if I was back in the UK I would have a midwife.  Not really for the labour and birth, I loved doing that with just DH and I, but I think it would be nice to have someone come and do the newborn...
Yeah, find a different midwife.  It sounds like you are not on the same page at all. My second son really was stuck and I ended up transferring for forceps after 7 hours pushing.  Of course I was worried about it happening again with the third, so we decided that we would UC as long as everything was progressing nicely, but if I felt I was stalling like the last time, we would go to hospital.  I had a vague idea that if the birth was not imminent by a certain time...
I had a 4th degree tear with my first, and an episiotomy with my second.  I just had my UC with my third a couple of weeks ago, and yay - more tearing... We were planning on going to hospital to have the baby checked over anyway, we gave them them the old "oh, it all happened so fast" line.  My placenta didn't detach so we went in 6 hours after the baby was born.  I had given my perineum a quick check over, and totally thought I had got away with it this time.  Sadly...
Hmm, we are not too far from Bellac...  I have never seen that ad before, maybe she is new?  I always assume they are attached to hospitals as they never seem to provide any info on their ads.  Maybe I will have DH contact them tomorrow.
llinos and autumnfairy, I missed your replies - thank you for your input. Going to LLL is a great idea, I have been meaning to go since we moved here but it is quite a long way.  I will check into it again.  Oh, and in case I end up in hospital, do you know whether I can refuse the eye goop for the baby?  Honestly I am more worried about all the stuff after the birth, and having to stay in, than the actual birth itself  :?   autumnfairy - congrats on your...
  Name:  Corrie Weeks/Days along:  6w 6d Appointments:  Not for a while yet I imagine.  We don't even have a family doctor at the moment. Symptoms:  Nauseous, sleepy, irritable Food:  Vinegary, salty, spicey, preferably fried and with cheese. Exercise:  Hmm, not really.  Went for a family bike ride this afternoon. Body changes and other milestones:  None yet as far as I can tell. Thoughts:  Nursing is starting to get a bit annoying, DS2 was awake for ages...
nia82 - I have considered going back to UK to have the baby, but it just seems so ludicrous, you know?  I just want to birth my baby, then be left alone to care for my baby in my home.  Going to UK would be such a huge PITA, it is a last resort.  Damn you French healthcare!  
Finally, LOL.  I have been stalking the due date forums all week! I am pregnant with our 3rd, due on May 15th.  I am English but currently living in France and preparing to battle against the old-fashioned model of obstetric care here. We have 2 boys who are 4 and 20 months.  I am fully expecting to have another boy ;)  
Yes, that is exactly what I thought.  Unfortunately, as I am pretty sure they would make you stay  :(
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  I wonder how I would find out what the protocol normally is in that situation.  I know someone who almost had her baby in the car, but ended up just making it to the birth centre.  They made her stay for 5 days.  Eek. MissMia - I am British.  I have considered going back to to UK for the birth, because it would be relatively easy to have a home birth there.  It is all such a big upheaval though, what with the kids, dogs, staying with...