or Connect

Posts by babymonster

Hi We just found out I am pregnant with our 3rd child.  We are currently living in France which unfortunately has a very old-fashioned and patriarchal health system when it comes to birth. They are not supportive of HB at all. I am considering a UC, but feel I can't consider it properly until I know whether we can get into trouble for it.  I have read a couple of horror stories of UCers having their babies taken away while their suitability as parents was assessed...
Thank you so much for your very helpful advice :) I wonder if I discussed before the birth the fact that I am very uncomfortable about staying in hospital, and told them who I was going to see to have the baby checked out (or promised to come back in) then maybe they would let me out. I find it outrageous that they can refuse to let you take your own baby wherever you damn well please.  It sounds like you had a pretty stressful experience!
Hi  :) I just found out we are expecting our 3rd child in May.  We moved to France from the UK last winter and are not yet very familiar with the healthcare system (other than the horror stories of 1970s style patriarchal obs)   It looks as though home birth is a no go in my area (rural Haute Vienne) so I am looking into my options and trying to find out the truth of what really is 'obligatoire' and what is just the done thing... I would be grateful if you could...
 Thank you thank you for your kind replies :D I am feeling a little better about things today - looked up LLL and there is one in Limoges which I could go to, and a couple more in Dordogne. I really should remember that google is not your friend when you are worrying about something late at night :lol:   We are unsure what we will do about education for DS1 who will be 4 in July - he will likely be homeschooled, but if the local ecole maternelle is flexible...
 We are moving to France (Haute Vienne) next week and I am suddenly feeling somewhat freaked out! I keep reading horror stories about lack of birth choices, apalling breastfeeding rates, and super conservative parenting styles :? Help!  I am worried I am going to be some kind of social outcast for nursing my toddler and not sending my three year old to school.  And we are hoping for another pregnancy next year - it seems like my chances of having a homebirth in a...
Hello, I hope you all don't mind if I pop in to ask a few questions while I am figuring things out... We will soon be moving to France (from the UK) for a couple of years. While we are there I am considering home educating my 3 year old DS. I have not thought further ahead than the next 2 or 3 years, but I am assuming that at some point he will attend school. I may change my mind on that over time, but for now I can't see myself homeschooling through the high school...
Yup, intact is WAY more common I only know of circs being done here for religious reasons or medical necessity.
I have been mostly lurking recently, but I am still here too - due on the 31st. I feel terrible for you ladies whose LO's are being stubborn, and sending you labor vibes Not much happening here, I felt really odd yesterday evening and thought something might happen overnight, but no such luck. No mucus plug and not a single contraction. Oh well
Thanks for your replies This has me SO worried. I hope I am just being over-sensitive...
My MW confirmed what I had suspected today - the LO is oblique with his head wedged against my left side pelvis and his butt up on the right. I am feeling really hormotional and weepy today and this just has me utterly crushed (probably illogical I know). I guess I am extra paranoid about positioning after DS's horrible deflexed position in labor... Any advice or suggestions? Spinningbabies just has me wanting to poke my eye out - the info is so badly presented and it...