or Connect

Posts by momandteacher

Quote: Originally Posted by mtn.mama Can you mamas tell me about the red ears/salicylates? My little girl gets this sometimes but I'm just starting to tune in. How do I pinpoint this? that could def be chemical related. it is a main symptom for my DDs. any other symptoms you cant pinpoint? if the red cheeks/ears only come up now and again and it is chemicals then it prob isnt too bad yet. do they get hot too? watch for red about 10 to 20...
ok...so now i am checking into oxalates too. maybe LOD will magically fix everything? will this journey ever end?? anyone have any good links for oxalates?
yeah i think it def involves the chemicals. she is on mostly low salic/amines etc but because i am trying so hard to gluten her up for testing, i know some hidden stuff is slipping through in the packaged stuff. today it changed! it happened earlier. at 2 o'clock. which is good because she hadnt eaten that many things yet. just bread, sun chips, and pretzels (i know...total crap...but they really need the gluten ) the bread i bought has a poss of having soy in...
i second failsafe. lots of ppl have success on feingold but i have read that that is prob because they are elim enough of the chemicals to see a real dif. but it is best to elim all types of chemicals first and then challenge each one individually to learn which lo may be sensitive to. i have read up lots on the metabolic pathways that cause chem sensitivities and it seems to come down to sulfation. either not enough sulfur or an inability to convert sulfur to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by firefaery Actually the sort of "new and improved" version of the Feingold diet is the Failsafe diet, so you may want to look into that too...there are many mamas on this board with experience doing it. It gos a little further than the Feingold, and many find it to be more effective. i second failsafe and GF/CF! i notice a HUGE difference in my DDs behaviour, mood, and memory depending on diet. as far as other...
so..for the last 5 days DD1 has been having an allergic response of some kind at 5 o'clock in the evening almost to the minute. I'll come in and see her sitting there with BRIGHT red and hot cheeks, chin, & ears (and btw...a long time ago it used to only be cheeks and ears but has come to involve the chin too). and her eyes are reddish and shiny like she has been crying (even though she hasnt been). The eyes being watery makes me think this is def a histamine response....
Quote: Originally Posted by SAmama We are gluten, corn, soy, dairy, rice, pork, peanuts, nuts and egg free. We also really have to avoid MSG like the plague, which we thought we were doing anyway, but it is a sneaky one. We have been doing this for more than a year now and although dd went from having full body eczema (with some weeping spots) to having only on her arms, legs, sides of her face and some in her neck. Have you thought at all...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinkbruise Tomorrow I am starting an elimination diet for my son and I. We are kicking out diary and wheat. My son, Holling will be 2 on New Years Eve. He has been screaming science he was born. The doctors have diagnosed him with colic and eczema. As he is getting older we are facing more and more behavior problems. If after a month or so, I don't see any improvements, I will had other allergens to our no no...
Quote: Originally Posted by pixie-n-hertwoboys we take a enzyme supplement, omega, multi, etc. symptoms? anger mostly. hyper and I mean super climb up curtain hyper, unreasonableness, etc, etc. I get hives and eczema with certain things. have you found any particular supplements that work especially well? i hear u about the climbing up the curtain. DD1 has been on gluten and oats in the last couple weeks and she has been reacting...
Quote: Originally Posted by elmh23 That bites about the drive to see the allergist. In that case, I would personally do the RAST at your doc's and get a referral then make the drive down there to get the scratch test. In our case, the RAST noticed dd's obvious peanut allergy (which was neg. on the scratch) but it the scratch noticed dd's soy allergy which doesn't cause hives, just craziness, but when she eats a lot of it, she get eczema flares. What...