or Connect

Posts by lovemybubus

Thanks Marnica! I know these things to be true in my heart but geesh people really are terrified of fevers and then my kids tend to get these high ones and I cannot always filter the fear (when of course I am worried about my lo as it is). And then really my question always is the same, what would the ER do anyway? She is 100% back to herself tonight without any other symptoms, maybe just a little tired and appetite is at about 85%
Good to know I'm not alone in dealing with fevers. But to Elly May, what would the ER do? The night she had the hallucinations I don't know that her fever was 106--I didn't take it but I do know she had restless sleep all day and thought maybe it's also a combination of dreams and sleeplessness, make sense? But it is scary. My ped truly is not frightened by high fevers, maybe he understands that some kids just get higher fevers? This is something I will discuss with...
All 3 of my kids seem to have a propensity for high fevers. A cold means a high fever, the flu, same thing. Sometimes they get fevers for 1-3 days with no other symptoms and while I usually never take their temps I have in the past and they easily get up to 106. I was wondering: Is there a genetic predisposition? Last night my dd did take some Motrin at her request. Said she wanted something to take the pain away so that she could play (she'll be 5 in 1 week). ...
We have a boy in the neighborhood named, Sailor, and I love it!
Quote: Originally Posted by scifimama i know that my 2 boys can be very loud and wild. the loud volume is what really stresses me out but when the two boys fight, it seems to really stress out DH. we don't know what we're having yet but if it's a quiet little girl, i might not know what to do with her lol. i'm sure this baby will really change things either way. but i want 6 someday, so i'd love to know if after 3, it doesn't get too much more...
Quote: Originally Posted by MissRubyandKen OP- I was googling ear deformities because I was curious what it may look like and apparently my dd's ears could be considered deformed. They call it lop ear deformity. And there is cosmetic surgery to correct it done under GA. I seriously never would have never thought to consider it a deformity. I've always thought of them as elfin ears . Here are some older pics of her 1 2 3 4. Here are some more recent pics...
Quote: Originally Posted by Daffodil My DS gets them (and the desire to wear them) from his older sister. Ditto. (I think) Maybe the desire was always there and she helped bring it out? Who knows. But he did go through a phase of wearing them daily over the summer. When getting ready (he's 2) he would say, "I want to wear a dress!" and so we'd help him put one on. Me and dh have absolutely no problem with what he wants to wear
I have this friend who lets her dd wear pants and sometimes even blue shirts with cars on them or maybe tractors, one time I saw her in a Bob the Builder outfit (in public!)
I say that childhood is all about *magical* moments, imagination and creativity. How do you know Santa does not exist? Maybe he does, but since you refuse to believe he doesn't come to your house any more. We talk about fairies, giants, friendly monsters and Santa over here. If kids (and adults) didn't love the stuff why are there fairy tales that have lasted generations and generations? Have some fun, take your dds lead. You won't regret it and she won't hate...
*Disclaimer* I feel passionately about a boy's right to express him through words, play, clothing and think they should be treated 100% equal to girls in that regard. That said, the big issue here is that your husband and her husband are implying that they are worried about homosexuality (this comes through when you say they have concerns and they want to limit interaction). And the big picture issue with that is that they are saying through their actions that they in...