or Connect

Posts by Mama2ABCD

my dad sent my a newspaper clipping that was in the Detroit Free Press (i live far away) 9 yrs ago...when my oldest was just a baby. it was about a kindergarten teacher who had two students in her class that still nursed. very positive article about nursing beyond the norm. she said that the two bf kids were the two most well adjusted students in her class and clearly attributed it to the breastfeeding. i thought how wonderful for my child if i could nurse him...
Quote: Originally Posted by annethcz Anyway, it has been my experience that children of school age aren't terribly dependent on nursing. They'll nurse when they're around mom, but if they are separated from mom during the day, and are enjoying themselves, they don't even notice that they're missing out on anything. I was separated from my nursing toddlers/preschoolers many times- sometimes for short periods, sometimes for over a week- and my nurslings...
an early happy birthday to your son (and the way time flies it won't be long). Congratulations on you and your son's incredible journey and way to go following your instincts: my oldest turned 7 in april 07. he was still nursing at least once a day. but once summer came along, we were busy with swim team and other things, he really tapered off. i think the last time he nursed was on a beach camping trip, when my youngest turned one (end of july 07). about a month...
Eve Erienne or Everett Edwin :
we have two sets of names picked out during each pregnancy. we just don't know what'll be until the baby is born. and we share. but, ever since baby#3 we realized we had a trend and stuck with it. the alphabet which will helps dh keep them in order or else he'd forget. now we are on E. so at least we know for sure the initials..E.E. as for final name, i like to tease my dh that i can put any name i want on the birth certi since i'm the one that fills it out. and...
oops, sorry double posted.
sorry the nursing hurts. are you drinking enough water? i only say this because when it's irritating for me to nurse or my supply is low, and or both, i'm dehyrated. i drink lots of water, but if i miss a block of time i feel it. you are afterall, nursing 2 (earlier 3) while pregnant. take the toe curling as a cue to get a large glass of water. that's what i do hope the sensation improves soon and terrific job unweaning your son, what a great bonding experience...
hi, just joining this thread so i'll go back and read when i get a chance. i've real slow internet and outdated applications so it's hard to post and read threads. this is my 3rd planned hb. my last two went very well. very peaceful. i delivered the last two in the bed my mother in law was born in ( my dh had the bed growing up and she gave us the bed just before #3 was conceived). not sure what'll happen this time. i do know that i'm a land lubber, and i like...
no us. i skipped it last preg. i had it done the first 3, but that was routine and with an ob. mw doesn't do u/s. 3rd baby i had concurrent care (ob and mw with the ob not knowing about the mw). i haven't gone back to the ob since baby #3. i don't like the stress and the prenatal care with the mw is much, much better. she's very thorough. my dh and i always wait to the birth to find out the sex.
also, colostrum comes in sometime toward the end of the 2nd tri. whether my supply has been abundant or low, once the colostrum comes in my kids are extra happy. i can always tell cause their stools change, and their faces look a little fuller. that won't effect the newborn's supply once he/she gets here. the only time my nipples get sore/hurts to breastfeed, is when i've gotten dehydrated (usually first thing in the morning). but it's amazing how quick it goes...