or Connect

Posts by Keeper at Home

Unfortunately I'm not sure it can totally be prevented, as a lot of it is due simply to the hormones causing the pelvis to relax and separate more than normal. However, in my experience there are a lot of things you can do to help lessen the severity of it! I'm at the end of my 3rd pregnancy and I've had SPD with all of them. My first pregnancy I basically did nothing and I was in constant, excruciating pain. My second pregnancy I saw a chiro and PT and got a support...
I'm 7 months into my third pregnancy and wondering if I can expect another large baby or if weight is just totally random.   Background: my first (girl) was 7 lbs 11 oz and my second (boy) was 9 lbs 4 oz -- they were both born at almost exactly 40 w and we were absolutely certain of the dates both times. I'm still not sure why he was so much bigger than my first (I actually gained a lot less weight with him) other than we suspect he may have had a twin that died...
Quote: Originally Posted by hipmummy \ : I have yet to meet a 2 year old ( and I have nannied for many)that "truly: fell asleep on their own. The ones that do are CIO children. Ds is 34 months and it will be months before he is ready. This may be true for some children but not all. My DD is 26 mo and has been going to asleep on her own for at least the last two months, and we have never done CIO. We co-slept (still do on most nights, as she...
We just hit 6 months a few days ago. Our DS is a chunky (22 lbs), sweet, happy baby. He wants to move move move, but he hasn't figured out the crawling thing yet. From a sitting position he will lean forward and just sit on his knees and hands, trying to figure out what to do next. When he's on his belly he turns himself in circles. And just yesterday he pulled himself up to standing against the baby gate! That was quite an accomplishment - he was super proud. He just...
You've got plenty of good advice. I like what one person mentioned about how attachment parenting practices aren't meant to change your child's behavior as far as how "easy" they are to parent. FWIW, that's not the point of AP in my mind. I practice AP because I believe it is the good, right, loving thing to do for my children. In some cases, with certain babies, it does make things harder on mom -- but good parenting is a sacrifice and the rewards you will reap from it...
My 2 yo DD has had a cluster of bumps above both of her knees for a long time and lately I've noticed they seem to have grown to cover more of her upper leg. She never itches them or complains about them in any way and they don't look inflamed...but what could they be? During winter I thought maybe dry skin but I don't know. Her cheeks also often look a bit dry and red, but we've been putting Aquaphor lotion on them every single night for two months and nothing has...
Thank you for your responses! Makes sense to me.
Unless your baby was a preemie or the house is freezing cold, I'd say no. I have read a few things actually suggesting it isn't safe for a baby over 1 mo to wear a hat to sleep (I suspect because of the risk of overheating and SIDS).
My DS is just about at the 5 mo mark and isn't laughing yet. He's a very happy baby -- smiles almost constantly, very social, loves to be tickled and will squeal/sometimes giggle. But why isn't he laughing? I'm pretty sure our DD was laughing around 3 mo. Just need to know if this is OK and by what age does it become a concern if they aren't laughing? TIA!
Wow I know how you feel. It's horrifying. The other day during a diaper change I was distracted by an ailing dog and my almost 5 mo DS rolled off a dining table onto the floor (thankfully there was a rug to cushion the fall). I turned around to see him in mid-air and my heart SANK. I was screaming. My DS was screaming (because I scared him). Turns out he was fine -- we called the dr for signs to look for just in case. But it still runs through my head almost daily and I...