or Connect

Posts by sunnygir1

I have two kids, dd 6 and ds 3, and they are both still in diapers at night.  They wet heavily and a while back I switched to disposables because of leaking and discomfort (dd couldn't go to sleep with a mountain of diaper between her legs).  I have been using the Huggies diapers that are free of dyes and stuff, but I still don't want them on my kids and I really don't like buying them and throwing them away.  Not to mention they are in the largest size and dd's is...
I have two kids, dd 6 and ds 3, and they are both still in diapers at night.  They wet heavily and a while back I switched to disposables because of leaking and discomfort (dd couldn't go to sleep with a mountain of diaper between her legs).  I have been using the Huggies diapers that are free of dyes and stuff, but I still don't want them on my kids and I really don't like buying them and throwing them away.  Not to mention they are in the largest size and dd's is...
...because he wouldn't stop hitting me.  I am really struggling with how to help him.  I can't always head off his frustrations, and when he gets into a certain mood he just throws a huge fit, is completely contrary, and slaps me repeatedly.  It is really hard not to get angry when he hits me.  It stings, and it's mean.   Now he's in his room asking to come out, but I don't know how to tell when to let him out.  I don't want to just lock him back in there because...
We definitely can on $200/week or less, but I'm guessing food prices are lower here.  If I bought whatever I wanted to eat all the time, I could easily spend $300 a week -- in fact, that would be fun!
$150 per MONTH?  That seems impossible!  I guess if you don't by organic and you eat a lot of vegetarian meals, maybe that's possible, but I don't see how.  Do you include things like toilet paper, dog food, toothpaste, dish soap, and those kinds of things that you buy at the grocery store?   Anyway, we probably spend $150 a week.  We eat mostly grassfed meat/eggs, organic produce, grains, and beans.  We eat quite a few vegetarian meals, dh hunts, and we garden.  Hoping...
I thought of this thread when 3yo ds was crying and crying last night because he was hurting dd and I moved her to my bed.  He didn't want to go to bed alone.
Again, if there are no health concerns (i.e. normal elimination and growth and energy level, etc.) I don't see any reason not to night wean.  I would continue to breastfeed as long as you can, but at this age you certainly don't have to do it all night long.
Wow, insane?  Really?  I don't think that's a good measure for insanity.   I let my 3yo use the pin cushion while I'm with him too.  I don't really think it's very dangerous.  He doesn't put things in his mouth anymore, and I'm right there watching him.  He's not going to get very hurt by them, they are pins.  So what if he pokes his finger?  He learns to respect the sharp ends.  And he doesn't poke himself anyway, never has -- he's very careful.   Maybe the kind of...
I wouldn't worry until at least 18 months unless there are other issues (peeing, pooping, growing, energy level, etc.)   The more you stress about it, the less likely it is to go as you want it too.  I know it is really hard not to worry, and then hard to hide that anxiety from your child.   I really think what's best is to sit down together for regular meals, offer plenty of healthy choices (I would put puffs and mac-n-cheese in the occasional category, myself)...
My kids are good eaters, but what they want to eat changes, and I let it change.  I do try to make sure there is at least one thing per meal that I know they like.   I am determined to not battle about food in any way.  I want them to have a positive relationship with food.  We have a good diet around here, and processed foods (like cereal and crackers) are occasional treats, not daily fare.  We just don't have them in the house, so there's no battle about...