or Connect

Posts by sunnygir1

It's great in soups or with stews.   I also love it steamed like rice with a mushroom tahini gravy over it.
Thank you for sharing your story here.  I am so glad your son is okay.  What a blessing.   I agree with all the pps.  I have had numerous moments when I realized I lost track of what my child was doing.  We have been lucky in all of these instances, but there have been several where we could have lost a child, and I am grateful every day that we did not.  Be gentle with yourself, I cannot judge you negatively for this, because I know it could have been me.
I don't think you're supposed to lock the belt with a booster.  Do you mean pull it all the way out and let it retract so it locks in a tight position like when you install a car seat?  If so, that seems uncomfortable and dangerous to me.  I would never wear a locked seat belt.   I have a Turbobooster for my 6yo dd, and it is great.  Easier to move around than the bigger car seats that convert to booster, and still has side impact protection.
My kids are 3.5 and 6, and they have been sharing a full (double) bed for a few months.  We tried it several times over the last 6-12 months, but they wouldn't fall asleep together.   It works well for us.  Sometimes dd (6) complains that she doesn't want to sleep with ds, but we pretty much never put them to bed separately.   Usually one or both of them end up in our bed between 2 and 6am.  It really sucks to have them both in our bed because we only have a...
I don't really know the benefits of cinnamon tea off the top of my head.   Cinnamon is used to deter ants, so it would probably help in the pancake mix.  Also, just putting it in a bug-proof container, like a glass jar works great.
I came here tonight hoping to find something that would help me move forward with my dd (or at least my attitude toward her behavior).   She is 6, and has started to do a lot of yelling and screaming, and arguing and fit-throwing.  This thread has been good for me to read.  It's always good to have a reminder about changing things that aren't working, and great to read about what works for other people.  And, of course, it's nice to know we're not alone in what we're...
I agree.  If you think she is fine to go 4 hours without breastfeeding (which I would think she can now or soon), then just offer water and solid foods.  If she absolutely needs a bottle for comfort, maybe you could start diluting the milk in the bottle gradually until it's just water.  Nothing wrong with a 10 month old drinking water for a few hours and breastfeeding the rest of the day.
If the temperature in the house isn't too warm, I will drink tea that has been out all day or overnight.  24 hours in a cool house is probably my limit.  I wouldn't drink two day old raspberry leaf tea; I would expect it would taste off.  I seriously doubt you could see a single mold spore in your tea, and visible mold usually will float on the surface of a liquid.  If the tea was uncovered it could really be any bit of debris from the surrounding area.   Cinnamon...
Since you are a tea drinker, maybe you could try starting your day with red raspberry leaf and/or nettle tea.  Both are excellent sources of bio available calcium and other minerals.  If you don't love the flavor (or if you're accustomed to sweet tea), try sweetening with raw honey rather than sugar.   I agree with lots of leafy green vegetables.  We find juicing to be an excellent, easy, and delicious way to get more greens in our diet.  You can also add them to...
Sorry for the delayed response:   We got the list of foods through pendulum dousing -- you could do it similarly through muscle testing (kinesiology).   I already knew that dairy, grains, sweet citrus (oranges, mandarins), and sugar increase inflammation and mucus in the body.   One thing that's not on my list above is sugar, in all forms.  I cut out refined sugar and greatly reduced maple syrup, honey, fruit juice, and even fruit.   I also take him for...