or Connect

Posts by sunnygir1

My ds is 2y 2.5m and I stopped trying to get him to take a nap.  He might nap once a week or so if he's very tired and especially if we're in the car at that time.  I do not let him sleep more than 2 hours or past 3:30 or 4pm ever -- that's been my strategy for months, because he will not go to bed at night if he takes a long/late nap.  He generally doesn't nap.  Bedtime for 4.5yo dd and ds is 7:15-7:45 depending on how tired they are.  He sometimes goes to sleep in 5 or...
I think ds was close to 2 before he started saying it, but I can't remember for sure.  His name is also a difficult one.  He said "I" first, though, and I don't think dd did that.  (I don't know how you all keep track of all this stuff.  I feel like I'm not going to remember anything from this time in my life -- I'm so busy and exhausted!)
My ds (2y 2.5m) has pretty much given up naps, and I'm wondering if he could possibly be getting enough sleep.  He used to get 11-13 hours total including a 1.5-2 hour nap.  This was with me waking him from most naps so he would go to bed at night.  Now he only naps maybe once a week.  And he's started getting up earlier.  Bedtime is between 7:15 and 7:45 depending on how tired they are, and he takes between 15 and 45 minutes to go to sleep.  He used to get up between 7...
Really?  Have you done baby led solids?  I think it is totally normal for them to have chunks of food in their poop for a long time -- they don't/can't really chew the food very well with the teeth they have.  Can you imagine chewing without molars?   I don't think grinding it up will make your child digest better -- you just won't get chunks coming out because chunks aren't going in.  My ds is 2 and I still get chunks of certain things -- mushrooms, wild rice, the skin...
My dd complains that her stomach hurts fairly frequently.  I'm worried about it, but not sure what to try first.   Symptoms: She generally has normal stools, although there has been some occasional diarrhea -- I think it has been because of illness, though.  She often complains that her tummy hurts when she has to poop and feels better after. She also often says it hurts when she's eating or after eating or before eating.  I don't know how to distinguish if some...
I use Pyrex too, because that's what's available in stores around here.  Whatever you get, you should just make sure it's oven-safe because some of them aren't.  It is really nice to be able to put a little water in it and pop it in the oven.  I have seen the Pyrex lids get looser over time, and if you turn a container of soup on its side it will probably leak.  So, I agree that something else might be better for sloppy things in lunches.  I love having all different...
Mamas, I am SO hungry all the time.  My ds is 2yo, and I get hungry like I did when he was exclusively breast fed.  I eat a good and varied diet of vegetables, fruits, legumes, grains, goat/sheep dairy, meat, and fish.  Due to ds' sensitivities (and my own) I am off:  gluten, cow dairy, eggs, tomatoes, chocolate, and a few other dibs and dabs.  I feel like I eat frequently and that preparing and cleaning up from meals and snacks for myself and the kids is a huge chunk of...
My ds is 2yo, and I've been working 3 days a week for quite a while.  When he was 15 months old I nursed him at pick up (because he wanted to, but if he didn't mention it I didn't either).  I have never had supply issues that I know of.  It is clear that he is getting milk -- and I am STARVING all the time, so I'm pretty sure I'm making plenty of it.   Now he still usually wants to nurse when I get home.  So, we nurse when he wakes up after 5am, usually another time...
At 4.5 she can and does play alone frequently, however, she does not do it on command.  She also has entered a new and intense period of separation anxiety; it's starting to get a little better, but she does not want to be left alone ever.   I can't read to her in the same room he's screaming in because he is too loud.  Also, he is very stubborn, and I don't think seeing her get the attention he wants will help him calm down at all -- to the contrary.   I don't want to...
I like this.  I almost didn't introduce the Switch Witch this year because dd is so fearful these days.  She did okay with it, though.  If I had thought of a better name, I would have done that instead.   Dd totally chose freely to trade her candy to the Switch Witch for an unknown toy...there was no hesitation, and no sadness involved.  She was completely thrilled with the outcome, and her 8yo cousin was so jealous that the next day she put her candy out for the Switch...