or Connect

Posts by Shami

Your story is so similar to ours.  Now ours is 5 years old and just now I can read to her and kiss her goodnight and check on her every 5 minutes.  Planning to stretch 5 minutes out to 10 soon.  We are rewarding her with a toy every 5 nights of success.  She loves it and is working hard for that toy.  I have realized now that my presence is too stimulating and that's why we were laying for anywhere from 1/2 an hour to 1 1/2 hours every night.  The reason I know...
I don't think so because I believe they banned the dropside due to injuries.  here are probably a lot of barriers to invent such a thing, at least in the USA.  I got the ikea non dropside and I am too short to put my baby in there.  We cosleep so it's okay, but if I was really relying on it I'd be pretty  bummed.   Sorry I am no help.  Are you handy enough to invent it?  
Thank you for all of your responses.  Ugh, I completely forgot about nightweaning.  Now I am vaguely remembering that I night weaned my first, well, I attempted.  I will give it some thought.  I really like that she gets all that extra nutrition at night.  I think it keeps her healthy.  During the day she's so busy she doesn't nurse nearly as much as my first baby.   Actually, this baby will prob. wean easily.  She just isn't as interested in hanging out on the...
We are all in the same bed.  Dh, dd (5), me, and dd (1). My second child is doing exactly what my first did, that is, wake frequently to nurse.  This time I am way more tired and don't think I can make it.  How do I keep the one year old asleep without popping a boob in her mouth?  As soon as she stirs, I nurse her so now she wakes many many times a night.  WHY???  Why don't MY children sleep without frequent nursings?  I have heard of other cosleepers whose children do...
Thanks for the advice.  I love it with certain meats.  I found a spicy one and I love it.  
eggplant potato curry   start by frying your potato chunck (cover and use plenty of butter/oil) while thats going... cut a whole onion(i like sweet/yellow onion) I like sliced but you could chop it put your onion in, keep covered dont forget the garlic cumin yellow curry salt then put the eggplant in last (cut in chunks) red chili if you like spicy cook until egg plant is tender   One little tip:  if you really don't like eggplant, put it in...
Mine get a lot of your so pretty comments...beautiful eyes comments too.   As it occurs, she says thank you.  I don't interject.  I just keep giving her other messages like why it's important to be kind, sympathetic, considerate, helpful.  It's what's on the inside that really counts.   I noticed that she gives compliments out quite often.  She'll say I like your hair or your shoes or your fingernails.  I guess it's because others compliment her so often.  It's funny...
I cross posted in traditional foods forum.   That's my question. I didn't make it myself, but it is from a farm market so it states on the label...live, enzymes, probiotic...   I like it, but I don't know how much to eat.  Your thoughts or a source I can read?  I didn't find much on my google search.  However, I am not the best googler. lol  I didn't find quantities.   I've been eating it like a condiment with my meat.
Mamaprincess, vit D is a hormone?  I have not heard that.  My ped told me to give vit D drops (1000)  to my 4 year old.  Where did you hear/read that?  
That's my question. I didn't make it myself, but it is from a farm market so it states on the label...live, enzymes, probiotic...   I like it, but I don't know how much to eat.  Your thoughts or a source I can read?  I didn't find much on my google search.  However, I am not the best googler. lol  I didn't find quantities.   I've been eating it like a condiment with my meat.