or Connect

Posts by Shami

My daughter's pediatrician believes that milk is 'not our friend'.  She thinks that it has effected our adrenals and that it might be the source of so many autoimmune diseases (like fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, etc.) and allergies/asthma.   She recommends Almond Milk and leafy greens.   Sigh...I love milk!  I have to hold myself back from drinking 3 glasses a day.  Just typing this makes me want some milk.  
Mine is 25 percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height.  What is her height percentile?  I don't think 35th is too low.  You sound like you are very good with nutrition too.  Only you know how your daughter is eating.  Does your doc believe you when you tell him how she eats?  If not, I'd get a new doc.   Or, was the doc mainly concerned about the iron.  I don't know what is normal range for iron.  Now if that is a concern then that is a reasonable concern....
Why I am addressing your posts:    (Yes I read all and reread just now) Below are a few of your statements where it seems you are lumping all play dates at age four as useless and even damaging because they are forced by the parents.  You did say that playground play is okay and exposure is okay.  Overall, your statements make broad sweeping judgements on moms like me who want to get together with other moms at houses (you can't always go to a park/mall playland) and let...
STOP DEMANDING SO MUCH FROM ME ALL DAY LONG!!!! I AM ONLY ONE PERSON WITH TWO HANDS.  i CANNOT DO TWO THINGS AT ONCE. AND I DO NOT HAVE TO DROP EVERYTHING TO GET WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU ARE DEMANDING.  
I have a nice one but it is 16 years old.  Are they really banned?  What should I do with it?  I want to give it away for free, but I would feel horrible if anything happened,
I second the recommendation for California Baby Products.  Love the Calendula Cream.  There is a lotion  and a cream.  If you are on a budget at least try the cream.  I use it for my dry hands too.  
Sure, you can skip it, but I use them because they are practical for traveling and to keep from spilling.   I introduced little glass cups to mine first.  It's a juice glass.   My girls could drink from a glass at nine months with me holding it.  I found a super heavy duty glass shot glass and it's perfect for her little hands.  I taught my first with the shot glass too.   I read somewhere that if you let your kids start with glass or ceramic ware then they will...
I am curious Serenbat, are you saying that you don't let your kids play with other kids at all so that they will never get kicked or spit at?   I want to make it clear that I don't agree with letting your kid get beat up for the sake of learning a lesson.    I am saying that during the course of play, during play dates or on the play ground, stuff happens and I see it as an opportunity to help my daughter navigate through these big emotions that occur.  I don't have a...
All you mamas are so sweet, and funny too, Alenushka.  Getting some great ideas!