or Connect

Posts by Shami

Emmiline,  I just saw your post again.  I meant to respond to you earlier this week.  I am glad you have found a good routine for your kiddo.  I have never thought that she could be adhd, but she sure does move  a lot and especially at bedtime.  I think she moves more to keep herself from getting tired and falling asleep.  It's like she won't allow her body to rest even though I know she is tired.  She can be wiped out, but get in bed and her legs start flailing around. ...
Averlee, yes I agree.  It was one reason I thought about delaying kinder because of missed time with daddy.  But we do co sleep and she sleeps next to daddy since I have a nursling.  One benefit of the family bed. Many times she and Daddy go to bed at the same time.   I would love for my husband to get a job with earlier hours and less commute time.   Sunnygirl, she averages about 11 hours.  We are on a about a 9pm to 8am schedule.  All week I have been trying to...
A couple of posters mentioned that some play dates can result in their own kids learning negative behaviors, such as spitting.  Just wondering, are you avoiding most play situations for that reason?  Or maybe it's just one reason to avoid play dates? If my dd was around someone who was constantly aggressive(this did happen with one of my friends whose son was going through a pushing/tackling phase at 2.5 years) or rude/hurtful continually, then I would avoid play dates...
OP, just saw your last post.  You were wondering if you should encourage her to be more social.  I think your doing great just giving her opportunities to be social if she wants to.  Going to parks or gathering where she could begin to play with other kids if the opportunity is there, she may surprise you one day.   My daughter used to pinch the daylights out of kids who just sat too close next to her.  I dealt with it for 1 1/2 years.  I hardly took her to any play...
Ok Serenbat, you win.  I am too tired to debate you.   My only point was that playdates (and by playdates I mean the no pressure kind, not where they are worried about their stuff) can be beneficial in helping children learn to navigate interpersonal relationships.  Usually right around 4  to 5 years old they start actually wanting to play with kids their age. Of course, not everyone because you have to factor in if they are shy or introverted.  Anyway the op's dd is...
Serenbat, I did not intend to be snarky.  I was in a hurry.  Sorry.  Now that I have read all the posts, it doesn't change how I felt when I read your posts, which quite frankly sounded like a rant against playdates because they are forced.  And all of your bolding makes me feel like you are raising your voice.   After reading kcmichigan's post, I realized that we have different ideas of playdates.  I have never seen or heard of my friends forcing kids to play...
Did not have time to read all...will do it later.  Serenbat, learning how to play well with others at any age (over the age of 3) is beneficial and translates later to working well with others as an adult.   Will return later.
Love the flashlight and book idea.  Mine loves to be read to but doesn't really like browsing the pictures.  CAnt wait til she learns to read.  I will try it though.  Thanks.  
An almost 5 year old and almost 1 year old. They have different needs and even different bedtimes and sometime the same bed time.   My older one has be cosleeping most of her life but she has her own bed and if I lay down with her until she sleeps then she will stay there most of the night.    It's the getting her to sleep part.  Right now she has agreed to stay in her bed if I come and check on her every 2 minutes. lol   The baby isn't tired and I can't get...
deadmikedad, shouldn't you be looking for the Jerry Springer show?