or Connect

Posts by ColesMom

My 3.5 year old is very anxious about having bad dreams. He asks me how to stop them and how to get out of them and how come he gets them etcetera, etcetera. He is really worried about them. He doesn't wake up crying at night of anything like that. He just tells me about his bad dreams the next day. I'm not sure what to tell him. I've told him to try to wake himself up by saying "jellybean" during the dream but he says it doesn't work. He asks me to come into his...
3.5 year old ds is obsessed with small plastic dinosaurs which he carries around with him all day long. This is fine with me. What I have a problem with is that he is constantly knawing on them - after they've been dropped on the road/floor of a retail store/in the dirt etc. I don't know how to get him to stop. I'm worried about what germs he's getting into his body due to this habit. I just keep telling him "get that out of your mouth" or "not in your mouth" - he...
Thanks for the info, Jane. I wonder if we have a problem or not with yeast. I've got a weird sort of rash on my breast - not the nipple though. It's red and itchy. I think I'll make an appointment at the Maternity Center and have them check it out. Only two more days of the pink stuff - yay!
Our 3 month old is on amoxicillin for an ear infection. Does anyone know of anything I should be eating/drinking to counteract the negative side effects of the antibiotic on ds' intestinal tract? I was thinking yogurt but I'm not sure if by the time it gets to him in the form of breastmilk it is still useful.
i'm in the same boat. ds#1 is 3.5 years old and had gradually tapered down to nursing a couple of time a day 9 - at bedtime and when waking up. Then ds #2 was born 9 weeks ago and #1 can't seem to get enough nursing! it's driving me a bit batty because he's so demanding, but when i try to limit him he does things like forgetting that he's potty trained! He also gets very angry and hurt. i wish i knew how to get him to relax about the nursing. my la leche league...
3 1/2 year old ds has been peeing all over the place lately - the couch while watching a video, the bed while trying to fall asleep tonight, the floor in the bathroom - this is a boy who 'potty-trained' himself a year ago. His little brother was born 7 weeks ago - he obviously is having issues with this new addition to the family as his regressive behavior demonstrates ( he also insists on nursing all the time which I resist). When he first started the peeing we...
I'm happy to report that our little boy was born on February 17th during the blizzard while we were out of town! We were able to find a midwife and a local hospital and get my doula to meet us there and all's well that ends well! No drugs, but man oh man did I fail my hypnobirthing class! My water broke around 2 am and then nothing happened much so my doula broke out the castor oil - after a couple of dosed of the cocktail I went into hard labor around 5:00 pm and was...
Does anyone else watch this show? I'd love to hear your thoughts on last night's show. i was pretty disturbed by it in light of the current terrorist threat - plus it seem like fox tv has no boundaries - i was ready to not watch it ever again until they had the murder of the terrorist's child be a fake.
I've worked diligently to keep guns out of 3 year old ds' life - no toyys, books, tv shows, videos that have them in them. However, yesterday I let him have a toy sword - looks kind of like a light saber from Star Wars. DH was surprised and said he didn't think the sword was that different than a gun. What do you think?
My ds is 3 years old. After having his socks and shoes one for a few hours he always wants them off because his socks are sweaty and damp. When I take them off his feet are invariably damp and cold. Does anyone know what to do about this problem? I've tried different shoes and different brands of socks but to no avail! Poor little guy, it seems like there should be something I can do about it!