or Connect

Posts by ColesMom

Interesting - I've never heard of that. It's my outer labia. And I noticed today when I woke up it seemed back to normal until I stood up - then it got all swollen again. I'll mention the bartholin's gland option to my midwife (if we ever speak!). Thanks for your response!
I'm starting to finally feel uncomfortable - I have been fielding quesitons about being uncomfortable for months and honestly answering that I feel just fine but now I am truly uncomfortable. I'm due February 24th. Yesterday I had BH contractions everytime I stood up and walked. Today I have this weird labia thing going on - I have a separate post on that. And the little munchkin is always on the move it seems - he's moving so much sometimes it feels like the...
I'm a bit bashful about posting this, but feeling like I need some info and have been playing phone tag with my midwife practice . . . I'm 33 weeks and in the last day or so have noticed that my left labia is swollen - probably twice to three times the size of my right labia. Is this as ODD as it feels? It doesn't hurt, it just feels weird - sort of numb and puffy. Has anyone had any similar symptom? Or heard of such a thing?
I felt the same way at about the same point in my 2nd pregnancy that you are at. I called it prenatal depression because it just was so similar for me to the baby blues I got a couple of weeks after my first was born. I too am an oldest child. I actually do think perhaps that has something to do with it. I know when my sister was born I wasn't too happy about it and I had a lot of rivalry with her growing up. The good news is that the negative feelings are...
Gaiamom, you described exactly what I would like to do -- it sounds ideal. I have a couple of videos that I can show ds once I get over the hurdle of showing him the graphic stuff on the off chance that it will somehow freak him out! I know it won't but I guess I'm just worrying that one day he'll look back and think "I can't believe my mom showed me that stuff!"
Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I just bought a Britax Marathon today. I'm not sure what to do about the whole infant seat option. On the one hand it sure was handy with ds a few years back; on the other hand, I'd like to avoid the temptation to have the baby in the carseat all the time - I'm thinkiing (and tell me if this is unrealistic) that it might be nice to just have to sling him everywhere. It will be cold in February though so maybe the mom in Michigan's...
Thanks Khrisday and BethTX - I just read over the Homebirth threads and they gave me food for thought. I'll keep thinking about it and trying to guage ds' feelings about it.
I need to buy a new carseat before the baby's born - can't find ds' old one, which may have been recalled anyway. Does anyone know what the safest one is on the market? Thanks.
DH and I are trying to figure out if our DS should actually see his little brother being born or not. Our doula says that it's not a big deal for a three year old because he doesn't have any preconceptions or ideas about the subject and it would be special for him to see his brother coming out of his mommy. Our hypnobirthing instructor who is also a midwife says that she thinks he should be at the maternity center when the baby's being born but not pressured to be in the...
I'm in your boat, more or less. I'm 32.5 weeks pregnant and have been nursing my toddler all throughout the pregnancy with varying degrees of pain, ranging from agony to mild irritation. Right now I'm at the mild irritation point. When it was agony, I had some real problems. I tried to explain it to him but he didn't understand and started saying some negative things about wishing I didn't have a baby in my tummy that was making my "mumnums" hurt when he drank milk. ...