or Connect

Posts by babylonglegs

We're thinking of a move to Orcas. We love it there and my dh has a job that he can work from home. We do homeschool, and wondered if there was a sizeable (relative to the population of the island, of course) homeschool group? And, in general, wondered what the climate was for school-aged kids? It is hard to get a sense of that as tourists. I haven't found any homeschool groups online - yahoo or elsewhere, usually it is pretty easy to vet a place out for homeschool but...
We're moving to Alexandria in the spring. I have some questions below and would grateful if anyone might be able to answer any of them.   From going through the archives, I see that Dr Park at ALL Peds and Dr Matt Irwin in Old Town are the doctors to see if you have non-vaxed children (I have two: 3yo & 8yo). We also homeschool, extend-bfing, co-sleep, and all the usual freaky stuff. Can anyone recommend a family doctor/internist as well?   Also, we'd like to...
As I write this there is a series of Coca-Cola "family game night" commercials running along the banner plus a vtech video game ad. I have no idea how to copy this to post, not technically gifted that way! But I'm really irritated by it all. Every time I come on to the site, it's something else that is not in keeping with the whole "Mothering" philosophies. Damn, I miss the magazine.
Mothering Magazine first introduced me in 1997 to the notion that vaccines may be something I'd want to reconsider for my children. So why is there an ad campaign for one on the banner?    
I didn't fool with it. I did repeated epson baths yesterday, tons of probiotic, and herbal wellness. It is back to 95% normal today. Honestly, it is frightening how little is known about the care of an intact boy. I would have thought an alternative health practitioner would know. And though I've read all the links, seen the photos, etc. I still feel woefully inadequate when it comes to figuring it out. I need a spreadsheet: if A, then B, etc to help me follow the trail....
Thank you!   Certain it is pus, smells horrible. I know what smegma smells like, this isn't it. I'm just uncomfortable squeezing it out, maybe that's the norm.
  I took him to our naturopath. She said he had an infection. He developed a low grade fever sometime this morning. She pulled back his foreskin (with his permission) and said he has a pocket of pus that needs to be squeezed out/cleaned and then soaked in a silver solution (SilverSol). She said it smelled.   I just want to make sure this is pus before I do this. I'm uncomfortable squeezing and breaking the skin any further. Also, not sure on the whole silver...
X-post in Heath & Healing   My son is 6.5yo. Yesterday after a day of play he came home and complained about his penis hurting. It was swollen and red, the foreskin is unaffected and there is no discharge. There seems to be a very slight abrasion on one side, though my husband and I aren't sure. My son can't recall any injury to it during play or anything else that may have triggered it. Two things I immediately thought of were:   1. I caved and bought bubble...
My son is 6.5yo. Yesterday after a day of play he came home and complained about his penis hurting. It was swollen and red, the foreskin is unaffected and there is no discharge. There seems to be a very slight abrasion on one side, though my husband and I aren't sure. My son can't recall any injury to it during play or anything else that may have triggered it. Two things I immediately thought of were:   1. I caved and bought bubble bath which the children have been...
Bumping this up. We are in need because my body has gone all wonky...again. THANKS!!!