or Connect

Posts by mamagranola28

Here's a link for Family Night resources http://www.lds.org/topics/family-home-evening?lang=eng We have a lesson and an activity once a week.  It usually works better if we do a fun activity one night and a short lesson another night.  On the night that we have a lesson we begin with a song and a prayer and then "announcements" where we take turns telling the family something that is going on in our lives that we want to share.  We have a short lesson on something we...
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1330058/north-dakota-homebirth-midwives-and-doulas   I've worked with Paulette.  She's very well respected.     Leah
I have tandem nursed by not babies that are super close in age.  It's very normal for 9 month olds to not be that interested in solids.  When she does eat make sure it's nutrient dense foods like homemade chicken stock, avacados, egg yolks etc.  To make sure you have what it takes to nurture them emotionally and physically I'd suggest eating well and taking care of yourself so you have enough to give.  It really is so important to nap when they do and take advantage of...
Hi all, I wanted to introduce myself.  I'm Leah and I have 3 kids.  We're currently in UT and will be moving to Williston, ND next month.  I'm a birth doula and homeschooling mama.  I'm wondering if there are midwives in the area who travel to Williston for births?  It seems so strange to me that there are so few direct entry midwives in ND.  Where I live there are 2 CPM's within 10 min. of my house. For my last birth I choose to have an unassisted birth.  I paid a CPM...
I've been using FAM for 6 yrs and have been successful in avoiding when wanted.  My youngest turns three next week (she was "planned").  She is currently nursing.  My period returned with her at 17 mo.  We are careful and follow the rules.  Which for me means if I have any doubts about my fertility we abstain or use a condom.   Hope that helps.
My last pregnancy/birth was unassisted.  I contacted a Midwife that I know professionally (I had doula clients who had used her) at 33 wks to secure her services as a back up only.  That was the only time I saw her and I did ask her to listen to the baby's heart beat with a stethescope and confirm position.  For "prenatal" care I learned lots about normal pregnancy and birth, watched birth videos. read stories, read midwifery blogs etc.  I really enjoyed reading the...
I just saw this on uterine rupture risks for VBACs http://midwifethinking.com/2011/02/23/vbac-making-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill/
I just want to say I'm soooo sorry for what you've been through.  My heart goes out to you.  I'm not surprised that you haven't found much information on VBAC after multiple c-section.  I ran across this blog and just loved everything this homebirth midwife in Australia has written.  She is very pro VBAC after more than one c-section.  I would say read everything on her blog to gain courage and information.  Maybe you could contact her.  Maybe she could give you some...
It was SUPER EASY to get a birth certificate for my UC in UTAH.  I just went down to the office of vital records and requested the "home birth packet".  I filled it out, gave them a check for like $20 and that was it.  Voila, birth certificate.
So I was at a family X-mas party and my brother's girlfriend tells me she's really interested in home birth and wants to learn ALL about it.  I'm thinking cool and so I tell her my last baby was unassisted and how everything went great.  So she says to me "well that's great... but I just don't understand how you cut your own episiotomy"?  It was the weirdest, most awkward moment EVER.  I just didn't know what to say.  I almost started laughing but luckily the diplomatic...