or Connect

Posts by Stephenie

I am so sorry for your losses. I've been there twice and it hurts so much. :( Best of luck to you ladies, I will pray for peace and healing for you both. 
For girls we are looking at Lorelei, Lila and Nya. But we don't have middle names.  For boys, we like Jonas Agape (uh-gah-pay. Not uh-gayp lol) 
I am now mostly wearing maternity stuff. I really need more tops. I can not believe how big I am and still in the first trimester! 
Thanks for the suggestion - I had planned to use Miquon at one point and sort of forgot about it. The reviews are great and you can not beat the price. 
My son is 4 1/2, but advanced and always asking to learn more. He also needs a lot of structure.  He's really interested in math, but we have not had a math specific program yet. His Moving Beyond the Page has some math in it, but not as much as he needs for his interest level.    Here are the skills he currently has : counting to 100 plus, number identification, basic addition and subtraction of numbers 10 and under, starting to tell time, money identification,...
I am inbetween the normal pants and maternity pants right now. I have one pair of jeans that is lower and they fit ok, but in spite of the fact that I've lost weight since getting preg, I have a big baby belly and a lot of my pants do not fit. The maternity pants kind of slide off though, so  I am stuck with awkwardly fitting clothes for now. My shirts have moved over to mostly maternity though, because my belly is sticking out so much and my boobs are bigger and they...
I don't have a clue how many words my first had- more than I could count and he was using 3-4 word sentences regularly at his first birthday. The day he first walked, he announced it: "I go walk!" and walked across the room. This was about a week after he turned one. My 2nd took longer, but then exploded with language about 15 months. It's been suggested that both of them are gifted by multiple professionals, but no testing is done. I am pretty confident they are though,...
The first thing I remember is jumping up and down in my crib, wanting someone to come get me. I could see my parents through the crack in the door having cake with my grandparents. I jumped and jumped until I threw up. Then my mom came and got me and I got to see my grandparents.    In that same house- we moved when I was three- I remember watching a Roadrunner cartoon while coloring in a Roadrunner coloring book. I was really excited that they were the same, but I...
I think parents usually know when something is up. My kids have never been in school, but I know my son has Asperger's, SPD and ADHD and my daughter has SPD. Regular visits with the ped and paying attention to their struggles is all it really took for me, but there are several checklists available online by age, I know pbs has several. 
Hi, I know a few non vax friendly doctors. Dr.  Bain @ Healthy Kids pediatrics in Frisco and Dr. Chartrand in McKinney. They're both really good. I don't know anything about Waldorf-inspired childcare though. There are several farmers markets- a big one in downtown Dallas and several through out the suburbs. There's a Whole Foods in Plano and in Dallas, several Sprouts and also a few Natural Grocers throughout the metroplex. Also in Dallas is Urban Acres, a natural...