or Connect

Posts by whozeyermamma

Just fyi to add to the responses. With DD - she cried like a banshee for a week - the teacher literally had to pry her fingers off of me. (I waited outside the room and she always calmed down within five minutes or less.) After a few weeks, she cried if she couldn't go (because of illness, snow day.) Today she is probably one of the most independent people I know, child or adult. DS has so far run off with a quick goodbye and not a moment's hesitation.    I think for the...
Thank you all so much for your kind and thoughtful replies - sorry it took me so long to respond - just been overwhelmed with work and life!    So, Binky D-day is SUNDAY. *gasp*    For all the many reasons you've all mentioned we are going to do it, but gently.    My plan is this: Binky is only for bed. (I'll night wean off the binky later. I just can't fathom doing both.)    I've made a little book with pictures of him with _ and without _ his binky and...
thanks for the opinions so far - keep 'em coming! ;)    I'd just add that he'd want it 24/7 if we let him. I'd estimate that about 30 percent of the time I can get it away from him by distraction, or trading for something he wants. But if he really wants it and doesn't get it - it's like full on, freakout meltdown hysteria with that "I am doing to die" panic crying. And I have no problem with those freakouts if I won't let him play with scissors - but this is ......
Soooooo …. Just read a whole bunch of threads about older toddlers/preschoolers and binkies and now I just don’t know what to do.   Never planned to let DS have all-day binky access, but like many pp have said, he really really REALLY is attached to his “goo-bee” as he calls it. It’s getting harder to distract him from it and I just feel like maybe it’s time to get him off it, at least during the day.   I had thought about doing a “binky is for bed,” routine –...
Soooooo …. Just read a whole bunch of threads about older toddlers/preschoolers and binkies and now I just don’t know what to do.   Never planned to let DS have all-day binky access, but like many pp have said, he really really REALLY is attached to his “goo-bee” as he calls it. It’s getting harder to distract him from it and I just feel like maybe it’s time to get him off it, at least during the day.   I had thought about doing a “binky is for bed,” routine –...
So my son is now almost 2 and there are just some things that pop into my mind that might be helpful to other moms who are "on the fence," as I was before he was born.   I wasn't sure - I did my research here and elsewhere and quickly came to a VERY anti-circ position for many reasons.   But back then, I remember thinking - won't he look weird? I can tell you after just 21 months, he is the one that looks totally normal to me. The moment I looked at him, I could...
I think it's generally fine - keep an eye on it for infection (redness, swelling). But my son has split his lip - (not as bad as yours) but drawn blood maybe 4 or 5 times, and we've not had any problems at all.
Interesting.   My DS goes down between 8:30 and 9 and then is up again usually between 11 and 1. I've got him nightweaned until about 4 or 5 ... but he's still so restless. Sometimes he's waking every hour, sometimes 2 or 3 hrs. (I weaned him during that time b/c the nursing was not really helping him to sleep anyway ...)   Often he'll wake and even though I'm there next to him and might rub his back - he'll keep popping up and sitting up, falling back over,...
Thanks for your kind words, prone and blessed! It's something I've given a lot of thought to ...   Lovepickles, You can certainly tell her, politely, "we, as a family have decided that we do not want to focus on material things. We are so grateful for your generosity in the past, but we respectfully ask that in the future, if you want to give something for our daughter, you make a contribution to your favorite charity."   I don't know, however if that is going...
  Certainly at her age you are not going to tell her that this woman is married to another man but having a relationship with your father in law. She wouldn't pick up on that on her own for many, many years.    You can say - this is grandpa's "friend"  Jane. I think we sometimes assume that our kids see the world the way we do - that your daughter will wonder if they are married, why they're not married, who someone else is married to. Kids don't really see the...