or Connect

Posts by JennaW

Hey Mamas,   I recently found out that my 4 year old has some serious dental problems and I am so frustrated. Let me give you a little history and then I will explain the current situation.   Growing up, my baby sisters teeth came in brown. She was teased horribly for this and endured many traumatic dental visits. I left childhood with a strong impression that I would want to protect my own children from having such an experience. SOOO, when DD1's teeth came in...
What if you took a new perspective on this and used it as an opportunity to talk to your son about having a hobby you are passionate about? Make it clear that not only will you not be buying him any new sets but that you are also done talking about it. If he wants to start a list of sets he would like to save for or ask for for his bday then he is welcome to do that. But maybe you guys could talk about what he likes about LEGOs, what his favorite part of the process is,...
My daughter is much younger then yours, almost 4. This used to be a problem for us too. The options everyday are now "If you want long hair like in Tangled (she loves that movie) you must take care of it which includes letting Mommy wash, brush and get it out of your eyes OR we can go get a hair cut today." I say this in a friendly but matter of fact way. I have found the very not-organic leave in conditioner stuff really helps with making brushing out tangles a lot...
My almost four year old DD hates going to the doctor and dentist. Always has. She hasn't been to that many doctors appointments, 2 days, 4 weeks, 1 year, 2 year and 3 year. She didn't start receiving vaccinations until after she was 2. But these are not the worst part. The freaking out starts with having to get on the scale and the worst part is having her ears looked in. At the dentist I have to restrain her myself (holding her against my body) to get her teeth cleaned....
Amazing story, many parts of your story remind me of my own.  Beautiful daughter.
Thanks everyone! I added her birth story to my first post.
My second sweet daughter arrived at 6:08PM August 23 weighing in at 8 pounds 8 ounces, 20 1/4 inches long after 12 hours of "early labor" and 3 hours of "active labor".  She is a such a mellow little sweetie.  We had a fantastic home water birth, the labor was so very different then my induced labor with DD.  I felt like pushing hurt a lot more though.  She is 1 pound and 6 ounces bigger then her sister. Although I didn't have any tears (didn't with my other DD...
I really don't know what to think.  Contractions still coming every 3-6 minutes, about 45 seconds long.  Painful but not unmanageable.  I feel in limbo, feels like this HAS to turn into harder labor at some point but also feels like it may just stay this way "forever".
I was sleeping really poorly last night and having some contractions.  Then the contractions really started to get an "edge" to them.  Got up to go to the bathroom and had lots of bloody mucus, contractions continued.  Tried to go back to sleep but they were getting pretty painful, and neither DH or I was able to sleep so we just got up.  Been having contractions anywhere from 2-9 minutes apart, most of them about 30-45 seconds in length.  Painful enough to breathe...
It was your time for your turn for sure!  Best of Luck!