or Connect

Posts by JennaW

We had our ultrasound this morning and saw one happy, healthy jumping bean with a 160 HB.  I am so glad we did the u/s, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.  Thank you all for your support!
Yeah, the couple I work for is awesome & flexible but at the same time, I feel like I owe it to them to give them a pretty solid come back date.  They are going to have to arrange child care for while I am out and it will be hard enough to find someone to only work for a month or for them to adjust their schedules for a month.  I just can't imagine calling up and saying "Sorry but I am going to need another 4 weeks off", it's not like they are a business with multiple...
I have been wondering this too, although my circumstances are different.  I watch a little boy 5 days a week so when I go back to work the baby will come with me, so "going back to work" doesn't involve leaving the baby.  I am thinking of taking a month off, I figure that gives me enough time to get the majority of physical healing done and to get some systems into place for taking care of a new baby and toddler.  I qualify to take up to 6 weeks at 55% pay through the...
I did one on Sunday and it said BOY.  But yeah, seems like they are hardly accurate so I'm not really "saying" it's a boy, although I do think it is based on intuition.
And I know that isn't really a big deal or abnormal at all but after having a loss in July, I just can't go around not thinking about it.  I asked my midwife for an u/s referral slip.  She offered to come back in 2 weeks to check again but I just cannot wait that long.  I have an u/s appt tomorrow at 11:30 (if I can get the time off work), trying to remain calm and level headed.  Every time I feel nervous I just pray "God thank you for protecting my baby."   Thanks...
Ok, I'm not totally dense, let me be more specific.  I am pregnant and DH put one of those "Intelligender" tests in my stocking, just for fun.  I plan on taking it tomorrow.  You are supposed to use FMU.  The thing is I have to get up to pee so many times a night. Seriously, sometimes it is like every 2-3 hours.  So I am trying to figure out if there is a certain amount of time you have to "hold it" for it to count as FMU in these circumstances.   Thank you!
Also, as for the "gym membership analogy", I think a more comparable analogy would be this: I have been attending a yoga class for 4 years, I overall have seemed to really enjoy it but start to not enjoy it so much.  I'm always complaining about it before I go to my DH, sometimes I just refuse to go even though my DH has made arrangements to be home early from work and make dinner.  It comes time to sign up for the class again.  My DH comes to me and says "It seems like...
Mama, I don't think you need to justify yourself anymore.  It sounds like this class is A. Not working for your DD anymore B. Not working for you C. Not working for the family.   I think it's kind of ludicrous to suggest that deciding to stop this class and have DD suffer the reasonable consequences is going to scar her for life by either  A. teaching her it's okay to be a quitter and B. teach her to never try anything new.  Sometimes it is okay to quit things you...
Take what I have to say with a grain of salt because I don't have a child of your age and have never BTDT.  However, I do not think your original consequence was unreasonable and I do not think it is unreasonable for you to go forward with that.  I do like the previous posters suggestion of having the amount she pays be related to the classes & recital she won't attend.  While the stress she has put you through in getting to those classes is unacceptable, to me this is a...
Mama I am so sorry.