or Connect

Posts by Jessviola

You are not worrying too much, you are being very considerate. It's tough to find people not dealing with allergies personally to take them as seriously as necessary. I would scrub anything that came in contact with the nuts as well as the oven and leave it open and ventilate it well for a while and wait as long as possible to bake. How long ago were the nutty things baked? If he has airborne reactions, I would still worry and probably try to figure out something else...
I just got a package last night that took forever to arrive and it was MISSING half of my order (which made the half I did get basically useless at this point unless I go buy the other stuff here as well) and there weren't other boxes missing or anything, the company not only took forever, they forgot to pack half my order. I called and they told me they'd send the rest today via overnight, but I haven't received the new tracking number yet. : And I just found out that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Brigianna I don't get it. Because you had unshaven legs, she thought you looked furry like a raccoon? Is that it? Or am I missing something? That is cute though. Dd1 used to love to grab my "fur" (hair). um, i don't think she meant her legs.... : (at the raccoon story)
Quote: Originally Posted by Debstmomy My 13 yr old DD loves musicals & is very involved in theater. She wants to see Sweeney Todd & I am hesitant. Would you send your 13 yr old to see this R rate movie? She does know he is a murdering barber, btw. I would preview it first. And second. And maybe a few more times to be really, really sure. : Honestly, what are your main concerns? Does she know the full story and the potential for gore? ...
Quote: Originally Posted by serenetabbie The only thing that helps me is wearing my contacts. Odd, but true. If I wear my glasses it's a little better than nothing, but the contacts work awesomely Quote: Originally Posted by boysmom2 I thought I was the only one! Why does that help? Quote: Originally Posted by wednesday I wear contacts, don't ever cry when I'm chopping onions. Glasses don't help...
Quote: Originally Posted by ank220 Learning to play correctly from the start keeps you from incorporating bad habits and having to re-learn later, as well as it helps reduce potential wrist injuries/muscle strain. : The potential problem in trying to figure out violin yourself more than certain other instruments is that proper posture and positioning is crucial. I would suggest that since you are interested in learning as well, that you take...
Quote: I have not heard anyone discussing this EVER IRL. EVER. You act like the dialogue is just open for business and people are just at coffee shops chatting away about racism. I'm not commenting on what may or may not happen anywhere else. Isn't the point of this thread to open up a dialogue and educate yourself? In this very thread women have brought this up. That is enough for me to do some serious reflecting and really listen to what...
Quote: Originally Posted by transformed Just because not everyone knows all the different nationalitys by feature difference, doesn't mean that they are describing someone as "exotic." While exotic may be intended as a compliment, it includes by definition 'different'. It is used to describe somebody who is different from what they are used to seeing. This singles the 'exotic' person out and further alienates...
that sounds like a close relative of "yinz"
Quote: Originally Posted by ReuseCrafter Yes! Because, you know, I texted her, and then she texted me back. OK, slightly OT but, I can't get over how many people "loose" things. Another thing, some people type "Wahlah" and I'm not sure if they're stupid or funny. . better "wahlah" than "viola"