or Connect

Posts by ChristieB

Tell your husband to keep up the good work, not to stop. Along with what TanyaLopez posted, low cholesterol (below 160) is associated with depression. You don't want that, believe me! In searching to find information on this for you, I found that most of the sites with this information warn against eating saturated fats to raise cholesterol (right after saying that low cholesterol is dangerous). It's amazing how brainwashed everyone is! Here's a page that discusses...
Thank you for all the ideas so far. Wow, I had no idea you could freeze fresh basil! How does it come out? Does it need to be used still frozen, and just put it in cooked dishes? I'm assuming it can't be used, say, with fresh tomatoes as a salad. It seems like it would be pretty delicate. I never would have thought of making pesto with CO. I'll have to try it. Any other ideas of how to use it fresh, now?
Quote: Originally Posted by Carley It could also be the carbohydrates in the breastmilk feeding the decay causing bacteria in her child's mouth. My daughter has "baby bottle mouth" from extended nightnursing. She's a black swan, what can I say? Her first in a series of 6 oral surgeries begin Sept 1. OP if you haven't already get her to a dentist soon! I have to question your dentist. I suppose it is possible. But I do think that it is...
We have some basil plants that going gangbusters. I've given a fair amount away. We've used a little here and there. What do I do with it all? My kids aren't very fond of fresh tomatoes and basil (crazy!), and no one but me really likes pesto, so I still have some in the freezer from last year. The kids liked it in with the sauteed zucchini and onions, and one of them liked it on grilled steak. Interestingly, both kids like it straight off the plant, but don't eat...
Quote: Originally Posted by mom61508 Thank you that's great advice. The milk thing is weird because I just started back on dairy about a week ago. I gave up dairy about 3 years ago until I started reading about TF. I don't plan on getting back on gluten anytime soon. I want to give this time like you said. She does get CLO and I'm taking it as well. any thoughts on why pretty much everything plugs her up???? Lack of good bacteria perhaps? I...
I'm glad you're doing better. I think it's very wise to stop tracking and just go with how you feel. FWIW, I tend to be a bit neurotic when I'm pregnant, too. I sooo want to do everything right, that I worry way too much. Don't beat yourself up about what foods you allow yourself to eat. If you feel good, eat them (so long as they are good wholesome foods, of course ). I know beans aren't totally paleo, but I feel better when I'm eating them. Like you, maybe...
Gluten can cause the dental caries. It also causes malabsorption (the likely cause of the caries). For some of us, it can take quite awhile to turn that around. My oldest had dental caries almost as soon as his teeth came in. The dentist told me it from night nursing. : I wish he would have told me about the gluten connection (I'm sure he didn't know - I find it unbelievable, but most dentists don't know). It would have saved us a lot of grief. Ds had four caps on...
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. We went out of town, and I really haven't had time for MDC since. I don't really follow an exact recipe. I kind of go by taste. But basically I use 5 eggs or some combo of eggs and yolks (this last time it was 6 yolks and 2 eggs), 4-5 Tbs. raw honey, 2 cans coc. milk, and some vanilla (I use powder because ds can't handle extract). I beat the eggs first, and often add a small pinch of salt to help them break up more...
I'd say you definitely need a snack before bed, then. And I think it's good to focus on finding and filling those kinds of needs rather than figuring how many calories you're taking in. The snack that got me through pregnancy and nursing (until he was eating quite a few solids, around 18 mos. - he's still nursing, but not enough that I feel the need for a snack) was coconut milk ice cream. I make it myself, with plenty of raw eggs/yolks. I use very little sweetener...
I know it's hard when you're pregnant, but try not to worry too much about this. I'm sure you're eating well. It's just hard when the mainstream is sooo different from what you're doing. Just remember how problems that causes, though! I was mostly paleo, but not exactly trying to be, during my second pregnancy. We are grain-free for my oldest (and dh), and the same with dairy, and I've found I do better without most grains, too. I tend to eat lower carb in...