or Connect

Posts by ChristieB

It's true it's not natural, as it is a medication. And because of that I almost didn't post about it here. But it is a super low dose, and it works to help the body to work as it should, with few if any side affects. And for many with an autoimmune disease, it's really the lesser of "evils". Just an FYI, I looked into it a lot, and it's safe to take while breasfeeding (even in the higher doses, which isn't what is used for autoimmune diseases). But I don't want to...
I take the liver at breakfast and at dinner, and if I'm home I take it at lunch, too. Dinner is usually about 4 hrs. before bed. The only time I had trouble sleeping was when I was trying to make up for lost time (I missed the liver at breakfast and lunch) and took it both at dinner and at bedtime. Bad plan! But dinner is OK. I take between 8-12 little chunks at a meal. I'll have to remember that about running it under warm water. Would it work for a whole liver? ...
I do remove the solid fat from the refridgerated broth because we don't like fat floating on the top of our soups, etc. But I save the fat and use it. It's good stuff! And I don't skim until I'm ready to use the broth, because it helps to keep the broth fresh longer. I don't use the fat from my chicken broth, though. It always seems a bit rancid to me. But again, I leave it on the broth until I'm ready to use it.
Yes, gluten can cause reflux. It's possible that you don't feel full eating GF because your body is missing the gluten. In that case, it will take time. When you eat gluten, what do you eat that helps you to feel full? That may give you a clue as to what you'll need to add to feel full while eating GF. Our family is grain-free (we've just added buckwheat occasionally, but technically that's not a grain, although it does have some similarities). It took us a...
Quote: Originally Posted by whoMe Hmm, dd would totally do the same thing, but i would figure the more she eats, the less i have to Where is everyone finding their liver? I get mine from the same place I get the rest of my grassfed beef. I don't know where you are, but they're in southern CO and they ship, if you're interested. ETA: you don't have to "eat" it. I just swallow down the chunks like they were...
My enzymes have HCL in them, but I have no idea if it's enough. I'll see if I can get a couple beets for myself next time we're in town. You know, I've noticed a little bit of improvement, sometimes, when I've tried the liver before. But it was never enough for me to be consistent. This time, I was figuring that if it was for the B-12, it would be a longer term thing, and I might not see results right away, so I stuck with it. It took about 3 days, I think, for me...
And while you're talking to them, if none of their grasses is a grain, ask them about the processor. It really can be a problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by whoMe What form of B12 are you using? Cyanocobalamin isn't well utilized, and sublingual is easiest to absorb. If you've been eating meat but are still low on B12, I'd also look for a zinc deficiency - does eating beets turn your pee pink? You can also buy zinc sulfate and do a taste test for a more 'official' test. www.detoxpuzzle.com/b12.php I'm using methylcobalamin, in sublingual lozenges. I split the tablet...
I'm so glad there was a discussion here about iron deficiency awhile back. And I'm also glad Meta has been talking about the raw liver lately. I had seen that iron could cause hair loss, but I figured with my diet there was no way I was deficient. Then I saw so much talk about it, so I asked my dr. to test me. She said that while she was at it, she'd test my B-12, too. Well, my iron was fine. (What's the difference between iron and ferritin? -- My iron was high, but...
For those of you still interested in my grain-free and lower carb muffins, here is the “master” recipe for the nut-butter muffins I make. This recipe makes about a dozen muffins, often more, although it never seems to make the number from one batch to the next. I usually make a double batch and freeze most of them, but if you’re only baking for yourself (our family of four is all grain-free), making just one batch and freezing is probably sufficient. 1.5 cups nut...