or Connect

Posts by ChristieB

I'm with you guys on this one! I'm so tired of it all. As soon as I figure things out, here comes another thing to think about! Arghh! Somebody make it stop!
Quote: Originally Posted by Junegoddess That's what's pushing me now to make the grain-free leap. I think I could feel better than I do... and I want that! Just need to figure out somewhat convenient grain-free, egg-free, dairy-free breakfasts... : I cook up a bunch of ground meat to have on hand for dh's breakfasts. He just throws in any veggies or salsa that he wants and that's his breakfast (LF veggies are good!). I heat up the ground...
I'm afraid Junegoddess has it right. I do want to emphasize, though, the autoimmune angle. If you have an autoimmune disease that is caused by gluten, then your body has gone very far into this, and you're very unlikely to be able to tolerate ANY gluten in the future. And really, is it worth it? I mean, if the gluten did that much damage, would you really want to risk it repeating the damage after you've healed? Especially given that so much of the damage is silent,...
Quote: Originally Posted by dogmom327 It's the crock. Either the glaze or the ceramic itself (can't remember which). From my research, all brands except All Clad have lead--it's just a matter of how much. Hamilton Beech claims they don't but honestly I don't believe them. The are some of the cheapest crock pots and the other brands claimed they didn't have lead either until they were independently tested then it got changed to lead within "acceptable"...
Boy, I'm puzzled. Ancho chiles are very mild. They should impart a wonderful flavor without much heat at all. Which did you use?
If you want him to develop the taste for raw liver, but don't like it yourself , maybe try popping the raw liver chunks like pills. That way it gets passed your taste buds (I've done it, and it's cold, but doesn't taste like anything if frozen), but it will get into your milk, so that he can get accustomed to the taste. It really has been surprising to me. I wasn't sure if I could affect ds's tastes this late in the game, but I decided to focus on eating more of some...
Quote: Originally Posted by Snuzzmom So... of those of you who have tried this, did it actually help your PPD? How about your milk supply? I had a very low milk supply with DS and have heard that eating the placenta might help that as well. I have talked to my lactation consultant and there are no studies of any kind on this, so I'm relying on antecdotal information to decide whether to do this or not. This answer may be entirely unhelpful,...
OK, the quote function isn't working for me. : Magelet, we don't eat dairy here. We soak our liver in lemon juice. Yes, it does leave some lemon flavor behind, but it mellows the liver, and it's not terribly lemony (besides, I prefer lemon flavor to strong liver flavor ). Liquesce, thank you for posting the liverwurst recipe! I've been wanting to try something along those lines, hoping ds would actually eat it. We don't eat pork, either, and I really didn't...
How about jerky? I soak the meat in water kefir (flavored with ginger) with some garlic and ginger and salt. Then I dehydrate it at a low temp to keep it raw. You could try something similar with liver, too. You could try to make a pate type thing with the liver (I've never tried with raw liver, so I don't know anything about this, just throwing out ideas). You could even try what you tried before but without the stevia, and/or try adding some spices. I'm pretty...
Quote: Originally Posted by Metasequoia You know, I just ordered a lb of rooibos from Frontier last month & have been enjoying Zhena's lavender rooibos (to die for!) but I think it might cause my bp to drop or something. I found that I feel a little lightheaded after chamomile & rooibos, so I wonder if it's the amount of water w/o sodium??? Interesting! I love rooibos, too, and I think it makes the best chai. But, I've realized that I...