or Connect

Posts by Landover

I would go ahead and put your kiddos into public school.  You sound as though you are overwhelmed and your financial issues are mainly all you can work with on your plate right now.  Unshcooling is not about the absence of a curriculum.  It sounds to me that you aren't really unschooling so much as just not homeschooling.    Please, for your kiddos sake, go the the school, explain that your kiddos need to be in school and may need some testing to see what their...
Hey there!  Need recommendations on a naturally minded midwife in or near Montgomery County.  The recommendation is for my sister (who is not on MDC).  She had her first baby naturally in a hospital with a midwife.  She hasn't been able to find a practice similar near Clarksburg.  She is willing to drive up to an hour or so.    Thank you!  I told her I had the perfect place to help her find a provider!  :)   You can PM me with names, etc.  :)
Not trying to be strange, and I am so sorry to all of the mommas who are dealing with this....  but, why not just keep your house cleaner.  *ducking and hiding head*  I am not trying to stir up a pot, but if all of this really is scaring you to death isn't easier to clean then live in fear?  I have three small kids, I homeschool, I teach online course, and we have two boxers and a cat...  my house is mostly clean.  At any moment there are dishes in the sick from lunch...
I find threads like these so confusing sometimes.  I live in a very suburban, affluent area.  Almost all of my friends CD and nurse for extended periods of time.  We all nurse in public, and we all eat organic.  Most of these things are very mainstream now, aren't they?  I know it depends on where you live, but honestly, I live in a VERY mainstream area.  I drive a fancy van, go to the gym, eat at the club once a week, and we all bring our babies and nurse on the deck...
Diane Tandy handled my third birth, and I absolutely adored her. I used Margaret for my second and Kay managed two miscarriages for me so I have experience with many of the providers on this thread. If I have a forth, Diane will manage that birth. If you would like more specific information please shoot me a pm.
Quote: I won't shop in children's stores that have a clearly defined BOYS section and GIRLS section because it infuriates me (hello Gymboree!). So freaking sorry if you think I'm lame and should get over it. This just makes me giggle. Where on earth do you shop? Even our thrift store has a girls and boys department. If you think you are going to break down gender roles by not shopping at these stores then go right ahead. It just means you won't...
Okay... we really must not be understanding each other which is so often what happens on these types of threads. In the end we are probably trying to say the exact same thing. Quote: Your own son wears pink, therefore, according to your own argument, color alone does not indicate gender appropriateness. I am not trying to debate color here. I am simply trying to indicate that it seems fairly obvious that the vast majority of society deem...
Quote: For 4yos, what is the difference between a boy's polo and a girls' polo, other than color? The OP stated that the color options for the boots were lined up in front of them, not separated by gender. Just color options. Rain boots for very young kids, especially in a farm store, are generally not structurally different according to boys boots and girls boots (take these, for instance. These and these are different only in pattern, otherwise the structure...
Quote: OT but I just want to point out. Not everyone who has a disability wants person first language. I personally, don't care much either way though I prefer "Legally blind person" over "person who is legally blind" when someone is referring to me. I get it MucisiansDad... you are again a wonderful outlier who probably prefers this for some reason that will make people cry. No-win. My point is that person first language is considered standard...
Oh Lordy.... I have read this entire thread (there's 15 minutes of my life I will never get back), and I have so much I would like to say. I won't though because it won't help.... All I see is a momma who is brave enough to admit that, if given a choice, she would like her son to *not* have to battle and deal with issues regarding gender roles. She is simply saying that she thinks it a good parenting decision to gently teach her son about when is considered...