or Connect

Posts by mama2landon

8- and does anybody know what's going on with TWWS anyway?  It's been down a while- or at least it feels like it.  Probably doesn't help when I check it every half hour.
Well, I'm just going through a period in my life where I'm feeling a strong spiritual reawakening, but I'm just not sure where I stand as far as belief in the Trinity, etc. I come from a very evangelical family- Baptist and Assembly of God primarily, but I only attended any church sporadically growing up. I've always been a sort of non-denominational seeker. In the meantime, DS likes for me to sing to him, and he has been asking a lot of religious questions lately, so I...
I wonder if anyone could recommend some songs of praise or worship that are non-denominational- ie that talk about God, love of God, etc., but don't necessarily mention Christ or the crucifixion?  If you know just the name of the song, that's great, but if you know even just a few words too, that would be fantastic. Thanks!
May I ask why you're both freaked out?  I'm guessing that you posted in the spirituality forum because you think he's seeing ghosts or spirits? If that's the case, are you afraid that he will be harmed by them?  Defining what exactly is worrying you can help others give you better advice.   For myself, I do think this kind of thing is normal at this age.  It's right about the time their imaginations really start kicking in, and sometimes all of the wonderful new...
Possibly they just liked the sound of it, but didn't care about the silly "heaven spelled backwards" thing.  I don't think I'd ever use it for a name if I had a girl, but I do think it sounds kind of pretty.  At least, the way I imagine it pronounced, since I don't know any personally.  Maybe it isn't pronounced the way I think it is, though.    
The death of a mass murderer is still the death of a mass murderer, regardless of how he came to such beliefs.  As I said in the rest of my post, I'm not unaware of the evils that the U.S. has committed and continues to commit, a large part of what bin Laden claims as reason for his jihad.  However, the death of an evil person that actually plots and/or carries out attacks that *specifically target* innocent civilians, well, yes frankly, I am glad that such a person is no...
  This, exactly.  It's not his death per se that we are cheering, but the notion of justice.  I honestly wish he could have been captured alive and stood trial for his crimes, but in absence of that, yes- I am happy he's dead.  He was a brutal, evil monster who planned the deaths of thousands of innocent people.  He would have gladly seen millions more raped and murdered, simply because of their birth.  And yes, I do understand that the U.S. does not always have clean...
 They're also reporting that his body is in U.S. custody, which is fantastic news as well!
Ha- that was really badly written, sorry.  Other neighbors called the cops about my neighbor lady several times last summer- she did not call the cops about my mom.  Sheesh.  I'll have to fix that.  My only defense is that DS is sick now too, and he was up and down fussing all night when I was typing that.   
I'm also in the camp of people who find this weird, and a little creepy too.  I could maybe see having more than the usual number of pictures of her if she shows up to a lot of projects that he's working on, or if she had a crush on him and showed up and followed him around- then yeah, I guess she could end up in more than her fair share of pictures.  But using her photo as his profile picture is just highly inappropriate.   The only non-creepy reason I could think of for...