or Connect

Posts by Mom2Lex&Cay

We had a homebirth with our 3rd and have no family nearby. Our girls were 5 & 2 and did totally fine playing/coming and going to and from the room during labor as they pleased. They attended the birth and that was left up to them. This time we're using a birth center that is very family friendly and welcomes siblings to attend, so it will be up to them again if they wish to attend. They were very excited when we toured the center and are looking forward to attending....
Posted in the welcome thread, but don't think I got added to the list. (EDD Oct 11) Found out today that we're expecting our first little boy, after 3 girls.
So jealous of all the appointments and healthy little heartbeats! I'm dying to hear ours!!! Our first appointment isn't until the 16th. I'll be 14 weeks and the wait has been driving me crazy! (it's been a struggle to get in at our birth center) Looking forward to that extra reassurance.  
How I have been counting the days! I've also been second guessing myself through the yucky feeling phase when I just couldn't juggle it all and wondering if another babe was the right choice. Now that things are starting to improve, it feels easier to connect and less overwhelming.   I'm looking forward to so many things! Having the energy to exercise on a more consistent basis, food tasting good again, energy to do anything, not living in utter chaos because I'm not...
This being our last, I was all set to have a surprise! (and felt it might make it more exciting if we have our 4th girl) I am SO terrible with surprises though and already find myself cracking. One thing that drives me crazy is not feeling ready if it is a boy. I tell myself that we really don't need/use much, so it really wouldn't be a big deal. The type A in me just won't except that though. DH keeps telling me that he's fine either way, but then it seems like he's...
Shiloh- I also swore I felt movement at 11 weeks. (mine are usually early movers, but I don't recall it ever being this early) Of course, my DH laughed at me and told me it might be a little early. At 12 weeks, I continue to feel the same flutters in the same place. Usually when I'm laying quietly. I'm growing more convinced that I'm not crazy!
1. Preferred name - Ashley 2. EDD (estimated due date) - October 11 3. How long TTC (trying to conceive) - 1st try 4. Part of the country you live in - Georgia 5. How many kids you have - 3 girls 6. Profession - SAHM 7. Hoping for a boy or girl (or don't care either way) and why- We didn't try hoping to get a boy, just to complete our family. I would be thrilled either way!
She's 8 weeks, and no we do not have them yet! : Boy, do I know a thing or two about getting the run around with this! This was our first out of hospital birth and it was a UC, but I checked beforehand and knew what I needed for the BC and so forth and had it all ready to go. We go down to our county registrar (small town) 2 days after the birth and they look at us like we have 3 eyes. We didn't mention it was a UC, just a homebirth. They tell us we have to take the...
Quote: Originally Posted by HulaJenn For those that have done it....how did that go?? Especially those that did it early? I didn't tear and feel up to it kinda, but still feel like stuff is "hanging out" down there. Well, it went better than anything in the later part of the pregnancy. I could feel things were a little "off", but it was quite enjoyable for me. The next time (somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks) was even better. I also did not have...
Quote: Originally Posted by delicious the trouble now is getting the opportunity! Isn't that the truth!?!