or Connect

Posts by RN2Bmommy

I second Justice. DSD 11 1/2 is 62lbs and 54" tall in 6th grade. DD who is in 2nd grade age 8 is already 52" tall....lol. DSD will likely be very petite.
Just a few clarifications :). Child support calculations were originally based on my ex's disability income and my income at the time. It included each of us paying our share 70/30 of expenses including daycare, travel and medical that exceeds a certain monthly amount. The amount I agreed to was less than what would have been accurate because I wanted to be free of ex at the time and new that my parents would continue to help me in any way they could.   Ex knows my...
That's the problem..lol. He doesn't need the contract. He knows what the tuition is, he just wanted to know who was paying it! He could have asked. Dh and I have 4 children and he is always concerned about where "his" money is going. Dh is a doctor and pays more for dsd than ex did and ever will.   I agree that he should be happy for his daughter, unfortunately, he never was and never will be. He likes to be in control. He didn't like my parents buying clothes and...
Dh and I live in another state that my ex. I have a parenting plan and child support set up. Ex gets to use SSI to offset the amount he pays in CS leaving only around $200/mo out of pocket for him. I have no problem with this. I do not ask for additional money for activities, tutoring etc.. The only time I do expect money is when it is a medical expense per the CS plan. I expect him to pay when the item is due. The fact that my parents pay for many things for my current...
I really do see where you are coming from. If you feel that ds1 needs to be evaluated by all means keep trying to move in that direction. My dsd was just diagnosed with aspergers at age 11. Dh is a doctor and refused to see it. I am the primary caregiver and pushed to have her evaluated slowly over time. It is the best thing that ever happened. She is in a school that specializes in kids that learn differently and for the first time she told us that she loves school. Dh...
My dsd's came to live with us when we were in Washington State. The new school we enrolled them in required copies of the restraining order in and the custody papers. They could not uphold any scheduling but they could uphold the restraining order.
DD gets SSI. Her dad gets to deduct the amount from his total CS. SSI goes up every year so his out of pocket amount is close to nothing now.
DSD's mom had to have supervised visits when they first came to live with us. It was court ordered and the court provided the name of the service she was to use. It was also written that we could allow someone else to if we agreed to the person. Ex wife would not have been able to afford to see the girls so she originally asked if boyfriends mom could do it (boyfriend has warrant for arrest for drugs/ex wife lost kids because of drug use). We agreed to allow Ex-wife's mom...
We had this issue come up over Easter too. DSD2 is always looking for whether the situation is fair or not. Prior to us being a blended family dsd2 would always throw tantrums at dsd1 birthdays so her parents always bought her something on dsd1 birthday too. Over the years we have changed this, and now that the girls live with dh and I full-time their mom often sends them special things in the mail (she still sends dsd2 a gift on dsd1 birthday but not dsd1 on dsd2...
Quote: Originally Posted by ginger_rodgers Is it that he'll be deployed if he quits, or that he'll be deployed if he switches programs? I'm saying that part-time programs do exist. If he's going to go on being a doctor -- and I'm assuming he is, it's next to impossible to pay back the money otherwise -- he'll need to finish his fellowship or residency before he can go into practice anyway, no? But I'm saying that he may be able to mommy-track...