or Connect

Posts by autumnfairy76

Though I really loved my Ergo for shorter walks, I have to say my Maclaren Volo stroller got more use. I was car-free and in France, so any errands or grocery shopping would take at least half a day to accomplish with lots and lots of walking. It was weatherproof, carried all my groceries, lightweight enough to carry up stairs and small enough to fit through metro turnstiles.
Whoops, I missed the part about Snappi not working.... Hope I could help anyway!
I would not use flannel or cotton on the outside of a diaper, as it will wick moisture to the outside of the diaper, unless you are using a fleece cover over it, which would then be overkill. Micro fleece works great as an inner stay dry wicking fabric for fitteds/pockets/AIO or ai2s. I believe joanns anti pill fleece is what you want for covers, but I've never used it myself. I have no problems sticking many pins in PUL while sewing, as the holes can be sealed with a run...
Again, depends on the size, pail liners, wet bags for the beach/diapers/mama cloth. If you have scraps and are still sewing diapers, they make cute embellished/contrasting tabs on the front of diapers. I never had a problem with PUL nursing pads. I also used PUL and fold over elastic to make dining chair seat covers. Here's some info on food safe PUL http://makelaughlove.com/forum/showthread.php?14071-food-safe-fabric&highlight=Food+safe Apparently if it was bought at...
I love love love my miele canister! It's quite a bit more expensive than a dyson, but I figure if it ever needs fixing I don't want to pay more to fix it than it is worth. There are a wide range of options/prices and you don't have to deal with the icky bagless dust when you empty it. I use my vacuum once or twice a day and the money we spent (600) was sooooo worth it. It's definitely quality and made to last!
DS was born last year accidentally at home near Paris. We did call the Pompiers, but they arrived after the birth. I was taken to the hospital, but I'm fairly certain I could have refused if I wanted but I wanted to be checked for tearing and bleeding and have baby looked over. I stayed the normal 5 days, but my General Practitioner was surprised and asked why I was not offered home after care with a midwife, so I assume it's ok and available as an alternative to the 5...
Mine is 7-8:30 or until DH comes home (usually between 8 and 8:30) we eat dinner late here and I find it nearly impossible to cook at that time. I try to do a little prep for dinner during naptime but then I feel like I am cooking all day. I usually am OK until about 6pm but then I feel like DH should be home soon and I know he won't be so I get discouraged. So time drags till 7 and then it gets tough.  I suppose if he were getting paid for all that extra work he puts...
Hi Crunchymama, not sure I have advice on convincing DH dreads are awesome, but maybe when he sees how happy it makes you, he will come around? I only ever did a few dreads in my hair, about 4 or 5 on the top/front and one in the back. I was nervous about taking the plunge at the time, but loved having a compromise and my own DH didn't mind just a few (though I think he's not so sure about a whole head either) After a couple years, it got to be a pain to do 2 different...
Help! I just got back from seeing the surgeon that is going to put a dental implant in. He said the meds he gives after the implant is placed in the bone are not compatible w/ breastfeeding. He said the antibiotic is ok but not at the high dose he will prescribe and will also give something else (I thought he said cortico something, but it was all being translated from french, so I don't know exactly what med it is!! He said it helps w/ swelling and pain.) He recommended...
This book: http://www.amazon.com/Clutter-Busting-Letting-Whats-Holding/dp/1577316592/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298819517&sr=8-1   Clutter Busting by Brooks Palmer. It specifically focuses on addressing our emotional attachment to clutter and how to let it go. Excellent book!