or Connect

Posts by CurlyTop

I'm not a hippie, and the name Meadow sounds lovely to me. Not hippyish (sp?). I know a girl named River and she's gorgeous and so is her name. She did use a nickname in 4th grade up, though, "Rio." Heh. Meadow, love it!
I sure know how you all feel! Clean house - PRIORITY! Happy family & quality time - PRIORITY! Why do they seem mutually exclusive? I daydreamed about hiring a cleaning crew once a month, but then I remembered we'd still have to pick up after ourselves and leave the place tidy for the crew to come in and wipe, vacuum, dust, and shine. I'm learning some good tips here. And I have studied Flylady, too!
ThreeKidsInKY, thanks for sharing your success! I didn't read your prior post, but I did get some good ideas from this one. I agree, it's great when the kids play together! It also leaves a big mess.... I'll try some of your tacks.
As the parent of an incoming kindergartner, you don't have a thing to worry about. Even later, the kids who experience the summer-slide don't have access to books, museums, vacations, etc. For them, school is the sometimes the sole place they learn anything. Kids who have parents who engage them in learning all the time actually come back to school ahead of where they were when they left. Does that help?
60 minutes - Clean countertops & appliances - Clean refrigerator door, microwave, dishwasher - clear and clean kitchen table - clean trash can - Spot clean the floor - DD is cleaning the floor now STUFF DONE - 75 Minutes - Emptied dishwasher - cleared breakfast dishes into dishwasher; plus other dishes left out from last night - cleaned sink & disposal sleeve (ew). - Clean countertops & appliances - Clean refrigerator door, microwave, dishwasher - clear and...
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 Nope, it's open to everyone! Please join in. Thanks 15 Minutes- - Emptied dishwasher - cleared breakfast dishes into dishwasher; plus other dishes left out from last night - cleaned sink & disposal sleeve (ew). STUFF DONE - Emptied dishwasher - cleared breakfast dishes into dishwasher; plus other dishes left out from last night - cleaned sink & disposal sleeve (ew).
Can anyone join? It's not a closed cleaning party is it I'm going for round 1...
Oh, help! Stuff just seems to ooze out of the pores of my house. My DDs (6 yo) have not been properly trained to pick up after themselves, and simply drop things on the ground wherever they go. DH is just messy. From where I sit, I see a shipping box half full of spelt crackers (amazon order delivered, oh, three weeks ago?), an etch-a-sketch toy, a pile of toys DD wants to "sell" in a garage sale but we're not allowed to have one, a bread tie, the remains of a board...
Oh, man, I'm sorry that happened. People can feel so helpless in the world they try to "save" people who are completely fine. Maybe she could put her energy into her inner circle (because all of us could use some energy sometimes!). I always want to offer to help moms who are yelling at their kids, but I worry they'll think I'm judging them. So I do nothing there, go home and offer to help someone I know - random acts of kindness.
Hmm... your comments about them being unable to care made me stop and think. I think when a child is not protected by safe boundaries, they do go further and further off track in an unconscious attempt to get someone to step in on his behalf. It can look like he doesn't care, but he cares deeply about his own safety and is feeling very unsafe. Expressly breaking a rule (burning the carpet right after being told not to) is a clear message of wanting a boundary. I think...