or Connect

Posts by missbuns

how does whooping cough begin? my DD started coughing last night and hasn't stopped, a dry cough. she has maybe a slightly runny nose.
when it comes to cold sores i haven't found anything natural that really worked. i get acylovir cream and tablets from my doctor and always have a couple boxes around. if i feel any tingling or nerve sensations i take 400 every 4-5 hours. it usually prevents the sores from developing. if they have already started i will take more, 600 or even 800 every 6 hours for a day or so. then they do not develop. it kills the virus. not everybody wants to take meds, but if i...
so 4 adults and one child? i think that will be pretty easy. and i know a lot of people who do similar trips alone with two kids under 3, so consider yourself lucky to be travelling with so many adults! you can take turns with her. i think personally she is too old for a harness. i've only seen those on children under 1.5 or so. my daughter loves rolling her backpack through the airport. i would bring the stroller. you can tip it back and let her sleep in it. 7...
Yep, a huge range of normal. When I taught 1.5-3 year olds 50% of them knew the colors and the others didn't. We worked on colors (sorting, asking them which color they want, etc.) and while some learned quickly others didn't learn at all. I painted with my daughter a lot and used color in every day language (describing the sunset, which shirt she wanted to wear, etc) and she picked up on them at around 22 months with some confusion. At 27 months she knows all of...
Yep, we bring our Radian for euro car rentals and make sure the cars have Isofix & tether points. Works perfectly.
4.5 is perfectly fine for a lap belt in an airplane.
Yeah, really. If you can afford so much $ to fly go for it. The difference in price is usually a couple thousand dollars, sometimes much more. If I could I would in a second, but we fly interationally a lot and I feel lucky I can afford economy. And do they even have first class on flights anymore? Most of the flights I go on only have Business or Business Plus now. Looks comfy up there. Though it sounds like people can be kind of snobby jerks, I kind of like the...
Sunscreen, hat, shovel, bucket, lots of water and snacks. Umbrella is good. The beach was made for toddlers. Have fun.
My daughter flew really well at 12 (13 hrs) 14 (4.5 hrs) and 18 months (13 hrs). You might be surprised. It was a lot harder this last time at 24 months, but still not bad! People do it aaaaallllll the time and you will probably see other kids on the flight. We had about 6 toddlers on our last flight, 4 or 5 infants and a bunch of kids. One couple with 5 kids and a mom with an infant and a 1.5 year old made me feel less nervous about just having one. Bring a lot...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ironica Our last flight consisted of a whole lot of us verbally and physically reminding our oldest about kicking. ;-) I don't mean being disrespectful to other people, but the truth is, safety trumps comfort, every time. As for reclining, when I was a kid flying with my mom, she wouldn't LET me recline my seat, nor would she recline hers, because it was rude to the people behind us. I still pretty much feel that way unless...