or Connect

Posts by tbone_kneegrabber

I do like that.  That is usually how we spend his actual birthday, doing something or a serious of things he chooses.  Last year it was out for breakfast, then mini-golf, and something else that I can't remember.  I just want to make sure I have *something* for him to unwrap.  At 6 that seems really important to him.  Right now I'm thinking a box of tape. Like tons and tons of different types and colors of tape with the express permission to use it as much as he wants.
Ds is turning 6 in August and I am at a loss for what to get him as a present.  He doesn't really play with toys, at all.  He has a bike and a scooter.  He has legos (doesn't use them unless a friend is using them), he has some playmobils (again only plays with them when a friend is over).  He loves books but we have TONS of books and go to the library at least once a week (in fact I am starting work at the library on Monday), we also have lots of art supplies (he does...
Dream box? That has pixie friends and per friends and dinosaurs and pirates and stuff. It's subscription based.
Pride in Philly is full of kids.  There is a family-fun zone!  So yes, I would take my kid to pride.
I camp at a lot of state parks and I've only seen a full closing door, with an area to change/get dressed.  Some of the state parks we've camped in don't even have gendered showers at all.  All the showers are individual with doors directly to the outside (not through the bathroom).  I've never seen a stranger naked in the bathroom at a campground.  And we camp several times a year at different campgrounds and in different states.   You can always call the park and...
 Ds is going to be 6 in August and you just described him exactly!  The snatching from younger sib, the defiance, not letting things go!   He also seems to get wound up really easily (which was always true to some extent, but the 0-60 of crazed energy, uncontrollable body seems to have gotten worse).   I hope a BTDT parent of a 6.5 year old will tell us that it is a short lived new to 6 thing!
I think one of the great things with introducing the iPad is it is easily "in addition to" and not " instead of". The op stated that she does sensory stuff for fine motor work and wanted another medium as well.One of the things I love about tech based skill practice is that the app gives immediate feedback. For letter writing for instance, it will only let you write the letter the "correct" way. Where when you are doing it on shavin cream or paper you can easily start at...
We have an ipad. We bought ours used from a friend looking to get a mini.  We were going to get a refurbished one before we ended up getting one used.  We like it a lot. It is useful for many of the things we use the computer for.  We also have a Nook that we use primarily for reading (well the adults do, ds mostly is read to with paper books although when we are camping etc we read to him on the nook) and don't read as much on the iPad.  The iPad is much heavier than...
Ds cries whenever we leave or grandparents leave.  We have definitely driven away from his grandparents' house with him sobbing and continuing to sob for a long time.  That wouldn't worry me at all.  It is sad when someone you love and are having a good time with leaves.   The "she's your mother so she knows more than you" sounds like maybe you have said something similar to your dd, maybe? Like "that isn't healthy. I'm your mother and I know when things are healthy"...
Ds goes to most parties he's invited to.  I usually make something for the birthday kid unless it's a no gift party, then we just make a card.  Ds is only 5 so the parties are super crazy. I don't know that we've been to one where the kid has opened presents at the party ever so no one would even notice if we just got them a small gift or nothing.