or Connect

Posts by tbone_kneegrabber

Shared on facebook too!
We do many of the "tips" already.   I don't think ds even owns any "brand new" clothes, everything is thrifted, home-made, upcycled, or hand-me-downs.   The "wonder board"/ question board is one I'd like to start that we don't currently do
Is your kid the only one without a project ? Or are most of the kids coming out without projects?If most of the kids are not able to complete the project I would demand my money back.If your kid is the only one that isn't able to do the project with the other "distractions" then I think you might need to look into smaller groups/ one on one classes or another solution. In group lesson situations there is probably always going to be a kid or two who will at least...
I saw this and thought it looked awesome.   Now I'm trying to figure out what the differences between makerscouts.org and makerscout.com are.  (besides the s and org vs com)
I think it depends a lot on where you live. We live a large city and while there are some Christian homeschoolers who post on the local homeschooling listserve, the overwhelming majority of events, classes etc are secular. It has never come up for me anywhere yet whether or not we are religious. I'm sure if we lived somewhere else our community would be very different.
Ds is doing his kindergarten year right now. It doesn't really look any different from when he was 4 last year, except that he has gained some more privileges over the year (mostly at his request).  He can cook on the stove (with supervision), he was just outside using a drill with dp.  He is allowed to walk around the corner to our community garden alone (as long as there is someone to meet him at the garden), he can go in the basement etc.   We've hit on most of...
If your ds comes home and says his friend hit him you say, "and what did you say when he hit you?"  if he says "nothing" you might ask "did you like it? were you playing? or did it bother you?" If he says "I didn't like it.  It hurt."  you say "you need to tell your friend that you didn't like it and that it bothered you/hurt you."  if he says "but i'm afraid he won't be my friend then."  you say something about how friends listen to each other and don't want to...
I think you need to work on editing your survey.  Several of the questions are odd or vaguely worded, but this one below takes that cake! You give the age range in the question and then give options that are outside of the group you are looking for.  And you don't allow multiple choices, so if someone had a child less than 3, between 3 and 8, and older than 8 what are they suppose to answer? I'm always surprised by these "grad school student surveys" on...
I've never used one, but I have seen folks on here recommend them BubbleBum, which is more expensive than the ones mentioned, but also because it is inflatable easier to store.  I don't know if that would work for your situation.
I'm in West Philly on 5 yo   and we get raw milk at Mariposa Food Coop.  Also at the Clark Park Farmer's market (Saturday all year and Thursdays in season)  Nature Places: John Heinz Wildlife Refuge Bartram's Gardens Lots of excellent state parks in the greater philadelphia area: Riddley Creek, French Creek, Nocamixon,    We used to do playgroups when ds was younger but now have a decent network.  PIC used to hold a play group in west philly.  There is a...