or Connect

Posts by tbone_kneegrabber

My son's urologist (he had an undescended testicle at birth) and his ped told me and ds that as soon as his foreskin retracts (which is did around 4-ish) that he should retract when peeing.  I don't think he actually does (he's 5.5) but aim only seems to be an issue when he's not paying attention so I didn't think of that as the reasoning.   Some other ideas: asking him to sit when he pees and point his penis downward (sitting to pee is common in many places around...
When you say apply for assistance you mean financial aid through the private school?  If you do, I am under the impression that pretty much EVERYONE applies for aid at most of the private schools around here.  Some people get the aid and some don't, but it is pretty universal that you apply.  Just like in college, everyone fills out a FASFA, some people are eligible for lots of grants, some people only loans.
I work at a mixed age preschool (2-6 years old) we have several kids who would happily only play trains all day!  If we do an art project, theirs is a train etc.  I think it is totally normal.  I wouldn't get rid of everything else though.  You could box some stuff up and put in attic/basement/closet and bring it back out in a few months and it will be almost like new again.  Plain blocks partner well with trains and train tracks you could build stations, coal chutes,...
It wouldn't bother me at all. It doesn't. My ds does it. We do drink at home. He knows about beer, wine, liquor. He knows if you drink too much sometimes you feel sick. He learned 99 bottles of beer on the wall from reading Ramona books. He learned a beer related version of "do a dear" at the renaissance faire (the Simpson version). He's had wine at Passover (he hated it). So around here it wouldn't be a big deal to me if a kid was pretending to drink alcohol or coffee or...
Ds is only 5 but a huge math lover. He enjoys life of Fred and dreambox.com. We also have a bunch of manipulatives cusinaire rods and pattern blocks and fraction games etc that he will get out when he wants.
If the kid can read and spell well and does alright with competition then it might be okay.  The issue is that if you are playing with an adult or a significantly older peer then their skill level is going to be so above and beyond yours that it will be harder to be competitive and not just feel like there is no way to win.  However, I think there are variations on the rules that allow for more cooperative play which might be easier for uneven skill levels.  
My mom used to dress me in my clothes before bed so I was ready to go in the morning.     We started a "day time clothes" before breakfast routine.  We had allowed breakfast in pjs and then into day time clothes before we needed to leave, but it always made a clothes a fight (I don't know if you already do that).  After a few months we were able to go back to pj's on non-school days (ds in part-time homeschooled, part-time at a co-op).   My 5 year old still...
I would ask SIL if mil is going. And I would decide (before hand) if I was okay with my dc's being around mil even if I didn't want to be around her. The parallel I could make is that I have not spoken to my father since I was 18 years old. I do not know if he even knows I have a kid. I would NOT let my kid go on an outing where he was going to be part of it. If someone else was taking my kid somewhere and there was a possibility of him being there I would ask and if he...
Well I live in a house with 9 people, 7 of those people are adults.  So yes, I have to "share" stuff, space, etc with lots of adults all the time.  I realize most people do not live communally, but whenever the example of "as an adult you'd never have to share like that" comes up, I always think "I do. You might not but that doesn't mean no one does."  Granted mostly it is "taking turns"  (but we share food, we share costs, we share space, we share electronics, we share...
balance board bop bag bike scooter cooperative board games craft kits